Happy Days! Camera fix. Saved me nearly £600. (1 Viewer)

Apr 3, 2024
Funster No
MH
Fiat
Hi all,

Local dealer wanted £600 to replace the camera. eBay cost £3.79 including VAT and P&P.

When I bought my McLouis Fusion 331 a few weeks back the seller informed me that the parking camera was caput. The local dealer informed me that it might cost as much as £980 to repair or replace it, depending on what was wrong and how we went about fixing/repairing it. The seller and I agreed a £500 price reduction. It was a worry as I wanted the original one fixed and didn't know what it would cost.

I then put the van in to the local dealer for one hour's diagnostic for £120. The dealer told me that they'd found that the camera had power and so it was most likely the camera that had failed.

Replacing the camera with one supplied by the manufacturer would cost £480 plus £120 labour. But they couldn't guarantee 100% that replacing the camera would resolve the problem - if the fault was actually with the head end. Putting in an aftermarket system would cost around £800 but would certainly work.

Dilemma.

A quick search on eBay and I found a camera that looked exactly like the one fitted to the van. For £3.79, all in. And it works a treat - nice clear picture. I'm gonna order a couple more to keep as spares!

Keep on fixing, people - that's £596.21 I'll be spending on some sweet beers on our trips away in the van :)

Dave

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back