Habitation door handle removal (1 Viewer)

Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
Ok stumped. I'm trying to remove the interior handle on the Hartal door fitted to my Renault Master base Weinsberg.
I need to, I guess, remove the silver trim from the black handle body to get at bolts that hold it on the door.
Before I go all Rambo on it has any one removed similar, is it clip in at each end or along the side?
At the moment it does not move much using car body work removal tools.
Hartal won't speak to me, Zadi the lock makers will not talk to me, Local Knaus agents say everything no longer available .
I need to remove the handle to remove the trim covering the linkage to the internal levers as the lock is locking but not unlocking.

Attachments

• Door.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
OP
OP
Clivefog
Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
I had a mobile mechanic drop by, he could not see how to remove it. His plastic body levers had no purchase under the lip or if they did no leverage room. He also tried a piece of wood and a big hammer and no movement. He thinks as I do that it is just a beauty strip to cover 2 bolts holding the metal handle to the door. He gave with a no charge for the job. Several hours later he rang and suggested I drill through the strip to expose the bolts, fill the holes after refitting with something that hides the hole. Off to buy some new bits. Hope as the rest of the door is built with star bolts the hole does not need to be that big.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back