Google now to decimate the recruitment industry (1 Viewer)

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
As mentioned in an earlier post, many contractors do well in the contract market and it is still attractive to many who want the flexible lifestyle.

However, leaping back to the topic of Google - most contractors would agree and welcome the likely shake up of the industry that Google may or may not bring .

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Yeah but are you happy with a inferior equipment.
You need to embrace change, not fight it :)
I'm in a bit of a dilemma at the moment SF with the new Samsung Note 9 due to launch on August 8th. Do I go for this or wait for the S10 due next year. I think Apple will have another attempt to make up some lost ground with a larger version of their over rated X phone later this year but I shouldn't hold your breath......;)

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
As mentioned in an earlier post, many contractors do well in the contract market and it is still attractive to many who want the flexible lifestyle.

However, leaping back to the topic of Google - most contractors would agree and welcome the likely shake up of the industry that Google may or may not bring .
Google are great employers themselves so perhaps they will bring some of this to the table. The new London HQ certainly looks the part.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
One of the downsides of being a contractor is that at anytime you can get tapped on the shoulder and led to the door.

Some chaps don't like that risk, hence, they go back to 'permie' jobs with all the comforts (e.g. sick pay, holidays, work place pension, etc.)...
My contracts were water tight ;)

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
One of the downsides of being a contractor is that at anytime you can get tapped on the shoulder and led to the door.

Some chaps don't like that risk, hence, they go back to 'permie' jobs with all the comforts (e.g. sick pay, holidays, work place pension, etc.)...

You are quite right of course (y)

However the word "contractor" whilst absolutely accurate can be slightly misleading.

I used to employ quite a few contractors before I retired but they were engineers - electronic, software, installation engineers and they demanded and were paid decent money!

In a labourers case he is not really a "contractor" as such - normally just someone desperate for work who will take on zero hours contracts to pay his rent & food!

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
You are quite right of course (y)

However the word "contractor" whilst absolutely accurate can be slightly misleading.

I used to employ quite a few contractors before I retired but they were engineers - electronic, software, installation engineers and they demanded and were paid decent money!

In a labourers case he is not really a "contractor" as such - normally just someone desperate for work who will take on zero hours contracts to pay his rent & food!
One hundred percent Teuchter….zero hours contracts are not contractors.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back