Google account Q's (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I'd been giving some thought to how my daughter would sort things out in the event of the worst happening 🤔 (hopefully not for a long time)
With multiple accounts, login, password, verification etc for just about everything these days and very little actual paperwork to look at.
I thought of giving her my Google account login credentials to access everything.
But having thought about it overnight, I believe if an unrecognized device tries to access my Google account, it will send a message to my phone for verification ?
This may make this idea a non starter ?

Does anyone have any useful advice on how they've arranged things as I'd rather everything was clear for her and not a complete nightmare not knowing what was where.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Forgetting the Google aspect for the moment this would happen with other types of account especially now two step verification is becoming quite widespread, for example banks etc.

If this is a concern and your phone uses fingerprint ID then just teach it to recognise your daughter - assuming your phone survives you. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Create a "Death Box" ... with all the relevant accounts, numbers, addresses and if online, passwords.
It can also contain a copy of your latest will, your funeral wishes, and/or sentimental items.

It's your choice as to where to store this, and importantly kept updated .
Simply, a secure location, and an "in event of my death" letter, either with relative, solicitor or trusted friend

Jul 20, 2018
Bridport Dorset
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 655
Exp
Trailer tent for 10 years Motorhome since 2018
I have a ”in case of death “ folder which contains passwords, pension details etc. my wife knows where it is and what it contains. She also has a finger print on my iPhone to access it all anyway inc gmail, Google drive and photos.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back