Good price - Pre-loaded Three sims with unlimited calls, texts & data (1 Viewer)

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Update- The buyer is now denying that the Sim was provided by him. I would advise to stay clear.
I have started an ebay dispute with the seller.

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
When it was working, I wasnt getting particularly fast download speeds. Our Iphones on Vodafone and Virgin were quicker that the 3 Sim in the Teltonika Rut950.

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Update- The seller has now offered up a replacement Sim.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Just to update my experiences. The 3 Sim was working OK in my Teltonika RUT950 albeit with a slower data rate than my Iphone with Vodafone sim. However in the last few days it has stopped working altogether. It can see the 3 signal, but does not appear to be working and wont transfer any data whatsoever. I did try it in my Iphone with the same result.
I have messged the seller on Ebay and await his response.

Ahh, this sim is probably designed for phones only. If you start using it in a data only device it is quite possible that 3 will limit or even prevent the operation of it on data only devices.

Does the data side still work if you put it in your phone?

I did mention this quite a while ago on this thread.

Ah, just realised it is a phone only sim. If you put it in a data only device it is unlikely to continue to work I suspect. So I couldn't get this and just pop it in my router I don't think.

It makes more sense in that case. I withdraw my concerns :)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I am tempted to get the Vodafone sim card, to replace the one coming up for expiry on June 12th. I would be using it in the MiFi.

Minxy. Is there currently anything better with Vodafone please Mel? :)

Cheers

Jock. :)

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
I use a 3 , 24 gb in my mifi find good
£35 from Amazon currently

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I am tempted to get the Vodafone sim card, to replace the one coming up for expiry on June 12th. I would be using it in the MiFi.

Minxy. Is there currently anything better with Vodafone please Mel? :)

Cheers

I'm gonna be having a shuftie for one for myself so I'll let you know if I find anything.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
I'm gonna be having a shuftie for one for myself so I'll let you know if I find anything.
Thanks Mel. Much appreciated. (y)

I use a 3 , 24 gb in my mifi find good
£35 from Amazon currently
I have used those 3 x sims in the past, but often the signal especially through France to Spain was iffy at times, whereas the Vodafone signal appeared to be faultless.

Cheers,

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Ahh, this sim is probably designed for phones only. If you start using it in a data only device it is quite possible that 3 will limit or even prevent the operation of it on data only devices.

Does the data side still work if you put it in your phone?

I did mention this quite a while ago on this thread.
Its a data only Sim, not sure why it wont work in a Mifi. Doesnt work in the phone either. Doesnt mention phone only sim as far as I can see.

Oct 18, 2021
Northampton, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Apache 700
Exp
Some....good & bad!
I have ordered a 100Gb Smarty sim for £12 for this month but interested to see what longer term deals are out there.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Its a data only Sim, not sure why it wont work in a Mifi. Doesnt work in the phone either. Doesnt mention phone only sim as far as I can see.
Either we are talking about a different sim to the one Minxy linked in the OP. Or you are mistaken about which sim you have???

Jan 16, 2017
Hillingdon
Funster No
MH
Vantage Med
Exp
Since 2017
I have a Smarty sim in my mifI which works well in the uk and is a backup to my Vodaphone phone sim. It has a 12gb fair usage limit in Europe but you can buy an add-on data package for £1 per gb which you can use abroad. The maximum add-on offered is 4gb but it is not clear how many you can purchase in any one month? I’ll find out next month!

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Either we are talking about a different sim to the one Minxy linked in the OP. Or you are mistaken about which sim you have???
I bought from the link, but mine states data on for any 3g, 4g, 5g device- not specific to phones.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
@Minxy. Is there currently anything better with Vodafone please Mel? :)
Thanks Mel. Much appreciated. (y)
I've had a good nosy around and there are quite a few Vodafone sims but of course they have the issue regarding roaming now at £2 a day so really only any point in having one of those if you buy another sim for foreign use. Other mainstream providers are expensive on the whole for what you get, even via resellers.

So far the top spot is ID mobile who despite being on Three's network don't appear to have issues with roaming other than a limit on what data you can use which is dependent on the monthly contract fee, eg £15 pcm contract you can use 11.58 gb pcm, £12 it's 9.26gb.

I've looked via the various resellers, comparison sites etc and by going via Topcashback to Mobiles.co.uk you 'might' get £10 cashback as they don't exclude ID mobile contracts specifically (Quidco do). There there's a choice of 100gb for £9 pcm (£15 before cashback by redemption) or £50gb for £7.50 pcm (£12 before cashback by redemption). Both allow roaming at 11.58gb and 9.26gb pcm respectively however one benefit is that you can roll over your unused data to the following month which could be useful for say around Christmastime when you want to hammer the internet so can use your remaining November data.

1652287735634.png

I've just been working out how much data/calls/texts I need and during the last 12 months I've only gone over 50gb twice, once in April 2021 when I was doing a load of downloading and updating the software etc on my laptop and used 74gb, the other time was February 2022 when I used 55gb updating sat nav, maps etc ready for the holiday so loads of downloading software and other stuff. I'm therefore questioning whether I need 100gb or not which is my current contract - my average is 32gb pcm so I'm not a massive user and I only did 175 texts and used 6005 minutes for calls and some of those were 3+ hour ones to my sister which I don't/won't be doing now.

The only concern is that ID, being on Three, may not be as fast as Vodafone, it wasn't when I changed 2 years ago but they have updated a load of their transmitters etc now so could be better, not sure about abroad though but we don't do streaming etc so should be okay.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I bought from the link, but mine states data on for any 3g, 4g, 5g device- not specific to phones.
If you look at the link you will see it lists minutes and texts. If it says this it is a phone sim and 3 may put restrictions on it if it is used in an internet only device.

I heard about it a long time on this very forum.

The fact that a phone sim is cheaper than a broadband sim seems to indicate this may still be the case. You can get more data for less money on a phone sim because when used in a phone you are less likely to use massive amounts of data.

That all said. I have no proof of this and don't have time to trawl through all the terms and conditions so I may well be wrong.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Re my query about the Vodafone sim card with the seller in the links provided, for use in a MiFi and in a smart phone, this was their reply..........

Good afternoon and thank you for your interest in this offer

Yes you will get your 36 months of unlimited everything(text,minutes & data) including free EU roaming.. that is guarantee for the one time fee. We have sold over 500 of this kind of sims for both the 3THREE & VODAFONE NETWORK here in EBAY. Click the link below to read some of the feedbacks from the Ebay customers that have bought this SAME sim : https://www.ebay.co.uk/fdbk/feedback_profile/ezikiel

Because the price is too low dont mean that is not real.

We are a software company about to launch a new MVNO(Mobile virtual network operator ) mobile telecom company, this limited time promotion is to help us build a large customer base because this is what our investors wants to see, as soon as we reaches our target the promotion will be off, but will continue to sell sims the but the price will be a bit higher than this or close to market price

I hope i've answered your question.Thank you for contacting us.Please do contact again us if you have further questions.

Best regards
RoBabyRoll.net Support Team

Cheers

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
I've had a good nosy around and there are quite a few Vodafone sims but of course they have the issue regarding roaming now at £2 a day so really only any point in having one of those if you buy another sim for foreign use. Other mainstream providers are expensive on the whole for what you get, even via resellers.

So far the top spot is ID mobile who despite being on Three's network don't appear to have issues with roaming other than a limit on what data you can use which is dependent on the monthly contract fee, eg £15 pcm contract you can use 11.58 gb pcm, £12 it's 9.26gb.

I've looked via the various resellers, comparison sites etc and by going via Topcashback to Mobiles.co.uk you 'might' get £10 cashback as they don't exclude ID mobile contracts specifically (Quidco do). There there's a choice of 100gb for £9 pcm (£15 before cashback by redemption) or £50gb for £7.50 pcm (£12 before cashback by redemption). Both allow roaming at 11.58gb and 9.26gb pcm respectively however one benefit is that you can roll over your unused data to the following month which could be useful for say around Christmastime when you want to hammer the internet so can use your remaining November data.

View attachment 616913

I've just been working out how much data/calls/texts I need and during the last 12 months I've only gone over 50gb twice, once in April 2021 when I was doing a load of downloading and updating the software etc on my laptop and used 74gb, the other time was February 2022 when I used 55gb updating sat nav, maps etc ready for the holiday so loads of downloading software and other stuff. I'm therefore questioning whether I need 100gb or not which is my current contract - my average is 32gb pcm so I'm not a massive user and I only did 175 texts and used 6005 minutes for calls and some of those were 3+ hour ones to my sister which I don't/won't be doing now.

The only concern is that ID, being on Three, may not be as fast as Vodafone, it wasn't when I changed 2 years ago but they have updated a load of their transmitters etc now so could be better, not sure about abroad though but we don't do streaming etc so should be okay.
WOW Mel :whatthe: what a comprehensive and detailed reply. Thanks. (y)

I too have never used the 100Gb, but it was a great deal at £8.00 per month after cashback. ;)

I rarely use 20Gb, so I may well go with the Ebay seller for the Vodafone sim deal, which works out at £3.26 per month for unlimited over the 36 x months.
If it's all okay, I may get one for the phone too. When abroad, that would give us a total of 50 Gb a month. ;)

Cheers, and thanks again for looking. (y)

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
If you look at the link you will see it lists minutes and texts. If it says this it is a phone sim and 3 may put restrictions on it if it is used in an internet only device.

I heard about it a long time on this very forum.

The fact that a phone sim is cheaper than a broadband sim seems to indicate this may still be the case. You can get more data for less money on a phone sim because when used in a phone you are less likely to use massive amounts of data.

That all said. I have no proof of this and don't have time to trawl through all the terms and conditions so I may well be wrong.
The Sim I clicked on following Minxys link is for a data only.

1) Available on 5G :Three 3 networks.
2) Sim can be use on a 3G Device, on a 4G Device and on a 5G Device

3) THIS,PREPAID,PRELOADED 5G SIM TO BE USE IN THE UK INCLUDING NORTHERN IRELAND

4) Prepaid,Preloaded 5G Sim with Unlimited Data Only For 36 Months WITHIN THE UK

5) EU ROAMING: 12GB of Data Per Month

* Unlimited ....Data Only
* Personal Hostpot

Only £90... One Time Fee… For 36 Months…
No Contract
No Credit Check

* Surf/Browse The Internet, Download Or Unload Unlimited Files Unlimited Times For 36 Months At No Extra Charges

* Personal Hostpot:connect your other devices to your phone and get online.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Update- The seller has now offered up a replacement Sim.
What for the one he didn't supply?:LOL:
Here vodaphone supply 2 different sims depending on whether used in a mifi/router or a phone . The phone one won't work in a router. whereas Yoigo, who I am now with, allows use of there phone sim in anything

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
I’ve just had this info from the ebay seller that’s been mentioned

Hi Allan,

Good afternoon and many thanks for your interest in this offer

We have unlimited data sim, with this sim, you can not make calls or send & received text. You have access to unlimited data only for month for 36 months, the cost for this sim is only £90 one time fee....cheaper than our other sims

Also you can use our sims for 14 days at the end of 14 days and you not happy with it for any reason, you can cancel the sim you not be charge and you still get your full refund.

My advice will be to buy the THREE data SIM only first and if you like it, you can cancel and then the go for Vodafone..or you can just buy both sim at the same time after 14 days you will see the fastest then you can cancel the other sim.

These are other offer that we have WITH UNLIMITED TEXT, UNLIMITED MINUTES AND UNLIMITED DATA ONLY SIM BELOW LINKS

1) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/40333856...d=link&campid=5338547443&toolid=20001&mkevt=1
2) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/40332024...d=link&campid=5338547443&toolid=20001&mkevt=1
3) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/40328882...d=link&campid=5338547443&toolid=20001&mkevt=1
I hope i've answered your question.Thank you for contacting us.Please do contact again us if you have further questions.

Best regards
RoBabyRoll.net Support Team

Which sim would you prefer to use, im using 3 atm and it’s pretty good tbh

Al

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
The Sim I clicked on following Minxys link is for a data only.

1) Available on 5G :Three 3 networks.
2) Sim can be use on a 3G Device, on a 4G Device and on a 5G Device

3) THIS,PREPAID,PRELOADED 5G SIM TO BE USE IN THE UK INCLUDING NORTHERN IRELAND

4) Prepaid,Preloaded 5G Sim with Unlimited Data Only For 36 Months WITHIN THE UK

5) EU ROAMING: 12GB of Data Per Month

* Unlimited ....Data Only
* Personal Hostpot

Only £90... One Time Fee… For 36 Months…
No Contract
No Credit Check

* Surf/Browse The Internet, Download Or Unload Unlimited Files Unlimited Times For 36 Months At No Extra Charges

* Personal Hostpot:connect your other devices to your phone and get online.
That is a data only one. I never saw that when she first posted it...

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
That is a data only one. I never saw that when she first posted it...
You're correct, the ones I first mentioned were phone sims which you can see from the info I gave in the post which clearly mentions calls & texts as well as data.

DumfriesDik

Free Member
Nov 22, 2020
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
I bought a Three 12g preloaded data sim off eBay. Once it ran out I was able to load a more data via Three website.

I would be tempted to buy a few SIM cards for future trips. The top up was 7g cost £25 which I felt was expensive.

I use it in my mifi. Three limit you to 12g overseas.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
well in for a penny.........

i've just ordered a Vodaphone sim, £109 for 3 years after Minxy's Mel discount, so thank you very much

i'll shove it in the Motorhome Wifi router and let you know what happens

does it have to be activated in an phone first does anyone know

cheers

Al

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
well in for a penny.........

i've just ordered a Vodaphone sim, £109 for 3 years after Minxy's Mel discount, so thank you very much

i'll shove it in the Motorhome Wifi router and let you know what happens

does it have to be activated in an phone first does anyone know

cheers

Al
Do you need to message them to get a discount applied?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back