Glow plug relay Fuse (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2016
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2000
Hi, my friend has a 2005 Merc sprinter that's draining the starter battery overnight, the problem first presented with the glow plug light staying on in the dash, then it completely drained the battery overnight, we suspect it might be the glow plug relay that's faulty. Perhaps somebody could help me, as to where the relevant fuse might be so that I could remove it as a temporary measure. Thanks in anticipation. Simon

Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
I have a similar problem in my 2002 Sprinter with the mileage light staying on. No idea why at this stage, I’ve checked the switch on the interior light in the door but it seems fine.
The light is supposed to come on when the door opens

Jul 5, 2022
Bridport, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B664 CL
Exp
30 years
I have a similar problem in my 2002 Sprinter with the mileage light staying on. No idea why at this stage, I’ve checked the switch on the interior light in the door but it seems fine.
The light is supposed to come on when the door opens
Check the fog lamp switch is in the correct position, on older sprinters the fog lamp switch had 3 positions if left in the incorect position the mileage display stayed on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
Cheers for that Martin, I’ll try that in the morning and report back 👍

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
Hi, my friend has a 2005 Merc sprinter that's draining the starter battery overnight, the problem first presented with the glow plug light staying on in the dash, then it completely drained the battery overnight, we suspect it might be the glow plug relay that's faulty. Perhaps somebody could help me, as to where the relevant fuse might be so that I could remove it as a temporary measure. Thanks in anticipation. Simon
If the glow plugs were powered for any length of time they will have burned out. The glow plug warning light is used as a warning for any one of multiple issues. The fact it is on indicates that the ignition switch has not actually switched off all engine services and in particular the ecu.
The only temporary solution would be battery disconnection.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
I had the same problem on a Mercedes based Concorde motorhome the same year, the battery kept going flat until I discovered the switch, hope it works for you.

Well you could have blown me over. Fog light straight forward rocker switch. I switched it to other position and the light went out!

Thanks Martin, I’m indebted to you👍

Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
Another update Martin, when I thought back I got the van MOTd on 21/10 and obviously the tester switched on the fog light but didn’t turn it off again and then when I went out to set off for the Camper UK fireworks weekend the battery was dead.
Completely flummoxed me until I posted yesterday and you came in with your experience.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back