Gaslow (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2023
N.Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 696f
Exp
MH 4 years Cruisers a life time
Can anyone advise me of an up to date apt that has listing of Factual places to get the Gaslow tanks filled up between Cairnyan ...York..Norfolk show...Blenhelm palace.... Malvern ....Liverpool. I have been using the Gaslow apt to no avail, when I check on the site via Google earth it shows very small garages and showrooms not fit for a motorhome size and well of the beaten track . appreciated Newbe Ron

Aug 26, 2022
North Cumbria.
Funster No
MH
Hobby Vantana
Exp
Since 2013
Can anyone advise me of an up to date apt that has listing of Factual places to get the Gaslow tanks filled up between Cairnyan ...York..Norfolk show...Blenhelm palace.... Malvern ....Liverpool. I have been using the Gaslow apt to no avail, when I check on the site via Google earth it shows very small garages and showrooms not fit for a motorhome size and well of the beaten track . appreciated Newbe Ron
Use the autogas app. https://www.autogas.app/
Basildog has gas, he is located just to the north of York.

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Check Morrisons supermarket petrol station sites some have LPG pumps or some of the Gulf petrol stations have them

OP
OP
Do Ron Ron
Oct 5, 2023
N.Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 696f
Exp
Thanks to all that gave good information ,much appreciated, just have to sit down now and find on my Google earth map to keep for future ventures .....has any one ever thought at the major shows (Warner's) off having a tanker available to fill tanks, thought there would be enough interest with the amount of vans. (or have I just gone of the deep end)

Feb 8, 2023
Rainhill
Funster No
MH
Knaus 650 Sun Ti
Exp
moho since 2012
Hi

Morrisons Bellevale Liverpool, easy to access and fill up.

Frank.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Thanks to all that gave good information ,much appreciated, just have to sit down now and find on my Google earth map to keep for future ventures .....has any one ever thought at the major shows (Warner's) off having a tanker available to fill tanks, thought there would be enough interest with the amount of vans. (or have I just gone of the deep end)
Most Warner shows have a GasCylinder area, why not suggest it too them?
I doubt if they would want to encourage extra vehicle movement! 😄

OP
OP
Do Ron Ron
Oct 5, 2023
N.Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 696f
Exp
Most Warner shows have a GasCylinder area, why not suggest it too them?
I doubt if they would want to encourage extra vehicle movement! 😄
Understood, but you could fill up on entry and leaving ,but might just make the comment it's bound to have been raised before

OP
OP
Do Ron Ron
Oct 5, 2023
N.Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 696f
Exp
Just looked up and tried the Autogas apt GREAT every one i looked at seemed to have the facility ,good to see Morrisons look to have it at most their major services. Thanks again for the prompt info have just binned the Gaslow apt roll on the summer .:cool:

May 15, 2020
York
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 709
Exp
Learning
Morrisons Borough Bridge, Garage at Kirk Hammerton A59…

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
Were at Dumfries Galloway at the moment 6 autogas station s have shut and all Morris sons gas tanks r coming out in 2024 it's going to be harder to find

Dec 23, 2020
Scotland Central
Funster No
MH
A Class Pilote
Exp
Since 2014
Not all morrisons!
Morrisons forecourts have been sold. As in Easterhouse Glasgow - 3 new tanks
Going in - so it is a bit confusing.

Feb 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1974
In Ipswich Morrisons has LPG. Can be erratic in supply. The nearest one if they have nt got any for me is Thetford which I can usually work in en route to places. Thetford is the garage on Nuns Bridge Road which is the Bury St. Edmunds road from |Thetford.

Feb 18, 2022
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9048DF 2016
Co-op garage in Framlingham has auto gas and seems to be more reliable than Morrisons in Ipswich, which sells out quite quickly most of the time.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Co-op garage in Framlingham has auto gas and seems to be more reliable than Morrisons in Ipswich, which sells out quite quickly most of the time.
Yes we used the Framingham one in November, when our normal choice of Morrisons at Camborne hadn’t got lpg. I rang ahead to check Framingham

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
has any one ever thought at the major shows (Warner's) off having a tanker available to fill tanks, thought there would be enough interest with the amount of vans. (or have I just gone of the deep end)
Ron, they used to at the Stratford Show, some years ago just near the entrance/exit gates to the Racecourse. It was a local Calor agent with a huge static tank and a pump, on the car park area near the stables. He was very popular, especially with the LPG converted ARVs, and his prices were very reasonable at the time.
Unfortunately, I've not seen that temporary facility provided since. :(

The Autogas App is the best for the UK, with the MyLPG.EU App being good for abroad. Another I use abroad is the German App. It doesn't work in the UK though. https://www.123fuel.app/

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
If it's not off your route..Morrisons Elland..just off J24 M62 has a Gaslow pump..easy access for motorhomes..plenty of decent parking to grab any groceries too...hope this helps...postcode HX5 9DT

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back