Gaslow, cylinder expiry date mark (1 Viewer)

Jan 18, 2019
Cuesta Blanca, Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exis
Exp
Since 2010
I've two Gaslow bottles (11kg, type number unknown, clip-on gauges) fitted in a locker within m/h garage.
Bottles are positioned so that only part of the stamping on the bottom of the cylinder is visible.
Is this where the lifespan is marked ? Is the manufacturing date marked or the expiration date? Is there any associated text, or just a date stamp?
Cylinders can't be turned without disconnecting pipework, which I'm loathe to do, I'll be getting the endoscope out
As I dunno whether these are the 10 or 15 year life types, and 10 years is up, I need to know.

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
I've two Gaslow bottles (11kg, type number unknown, clip-on gauges) fitted in a locker within m/h garage.
Bottles are positioned so that only part of the stamping on the bottom of the cylinder is visible.
Is this where the lifespan is marked ? Is the manufacturing date marked or the expiration date? Is there any associated text, or just a date stamp?
Cylinders can't be turned without disconnecting pipework, which I'm loathe to do, I'll be getting the endoscope out
As I dunno whether these are the 10 or 15 year life types, and 10 years is up, I need to know.
The date stamped on the base ring is not an expiry date and shouldn't be used. The Gaslow bottle will have a stencilled expiry year around the top of the tank just below the neck - out with the endoscope or maybe a double jointed camera photo :ROFLMAO: gaslow.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nigel Crompton
Jan 18, 2019
Cuesta Blanca, Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exis
Exp
Since 2010
The date stamped on the base ring is not an expiry date and shouldn't be used. The Gaslow bottle will have a stencilled expiry year around the top of the tank just below the neck - out with the endoscope or maybe a double jointed camera photo :ROFLMAO:
A-ha, thanks Lenny.
But, as I've just had a quote of €360 per cylinder, fitted, I think I might be reverting to exchangeable cylinders as I don't really do months long country tours anymore

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
My Gaslow bottles with clip on gauges are stencilled 15 years

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
A-ha, thanks Lenny.
But, as I've just had a quote of €360 per cylinder, fitted, I think I might be reverting to exchangeable cylinders as I don't really do months long country tours anymore
They are £216 &£199 (1st & 2nd bottle) from Autogas 2000, and you get a Fuster discount off that, fitting shouldn't be too much but you will need new hoses if they are 10 years old so that will be about another 60 quid.
Get a quote from Charlie Basildog (Autogas 2000).

Even if you don't use a lot of gas the way exchange bottle prices keep rising probably still a good investment, and worth it just not to have to lug heavy cylinders about.

Apr 19, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2014
They are £216 &£199 (1st & 2nd bottle) from Autogas 2000, and you get a Fuster discount off that, fitting shouldn't be too much but you will need new hoses if they are 10 years old so that will be about another 60 quid.
Get a quote from Charlie Basildog (Autogas 2000).

Even if you don't use a lot of gas the way exchange bottle prices keep rising probably still a good investment, and worth it just not to have to lug heavy cylinders about.
I just ordered 2 x 11kg (nos 1 & 2) + 2 x s/s 0.6mtr filler hoses and pigtail washers. Including VAT and UK delivery it comes to about £520.00. There is no Fun discount on Gaslow from Autogas as they already include a discount in their advertised prices.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back