Front Dash Cam (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 4, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Motorhoming since 2014
Thought I would mention I have just installed a Road Angel Halo Ultra front dash cam to our Hymer B544 which I would happily recommend. See link: https://www.roadangelgroup.com/products/road-angel-halo-ultra-4k-front-dash-cam

I purchased it after watching a review on YouTube and got 20% discount so with the hardwiring kit it worked out at £184.99 instead of £224.99. The code for buying with the discount is CRD20 - the link is for the review:

The installation was straightforward and there are Youtube tutorials on how to hardwire a dash cam but trust me it is not complicated at all. The hardwire kit comes with fuse taps so no need to purchase anything else except some stick on plastic cable clips so you can clip the cable back around the windscreen. The only slight mistake I made was placing the unit too high so I had to remount it to ensure it was within the wiper sweep of the screen!

I have included a couple of photos.

IMG_6559.JPG IMG_6560.JPG

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I have 2 of these in my car one for the front and one for the back, they are good but they are not without their flaws, ie when you hardwire them in so they are on all the time and then go to sleep it has to be on a certain setting for sensitivity in order for them to wake up when then driving. The issue with mine is that it keeps thinking i am in an accident if i go over a bump or rough road so then flashes purple whilst it then locks the file to then continue. If i reduce the sensitivity it then does not come back on whilst driving so i have left it at the moment as is. Of course if you wire it to come on just on ignition it wont matter but for my car i wanted it on if someone bashed it whilst i was not there.
I would still recommend them though as they are better than others i have tried, i will replace the Nextbase 512gw when it goes wrong with one of these, they are not cheap though but i guess you get what you pay for.

I paid £161 when they had them on offer in Halfords including a free hardwire kit so worth keeping an eye on them with the black Friday coming up

OP
OP
Simonnsj
Oct 4, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Motorhoming since 2014
I have 2 of these in my car one for the front and one for the back, they are good but they are not without their flaws, ie when you hardwire them in so they are on all the time and then go to sleep it has to be on a certain setting for sensitivity in order for them to wake up when then driving. The issue with mine is that it keeps thinking i am in an accident if i go over a bump or rough road so then flashes purple whilst it then locks the file to then continue. If i reduce the sensitivity it then does not come back on whilst driving so i have left it at the moment as is. Of course if you wire it to come on just on ignition it wont matter but for my car i wanted it on if someone bashed it whilst i was not there.
I would still recommend them though as they are better than others i have tried, i will replace the Nextbase 512gw when it goes wrong with one of these, they are not cheap though but i guess you get what you pay for.
I have hardwired mine in and I don't seem to be having any issues at the mo.......it does record when parked up as I want it monitored whilst we are out of it too.
I don't think any of the dash cams are perfect but this one with the discount seemed pretty good to me and I just preferred it to the Nextbase as it is smaller and a tad more discreet but all a matter of opinion of course!

Reactions: zac

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I have hardwired mine in and I don't seem to be having any issues at the mo.......it does record when parked up as I want it monitored whilst we are out of it too.
I don't think any of the dash cams are perfect but this one with the discount seemed pretty good to me and I just preferred it to the Nextbase as it is smaller and a tad more discreet but all a matter of opinion of course!
They are still good dashcams, my issue is to do with sensitivity and trying to stop it going off when driving over normal roads but as of yet i have not found out how to do this without it then affecting the parkup mode.
Still a good price with the 20% off though and i have not seen them cheaper than this.

Jan 26, 2023
East Midlands, UK
Funster No
MH
Rimor 14Plus
Exp
since 2013
Can any one recommend a dash cam with a clamp as a adhesive version would fowl my Remis blinds?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back