French now getting sniffy about their recipes (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Pasties with Peas and Carrots!, Mackeral and Beetroot, , Chicken and sweetcorn, Blues Cheese and Onion!???????

Surely there is some sort of mini-nuke that can take out the establishments that are producing this crapola!?????
What is wrong with carrots in Cornish pasties? 🍿 :imoutahere:

OP
OP
DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Cornish Pasty has geographical protected status and should include swede (turnip) NOT carrots to be the real deal.
Nah….. carrots rule. Has to be a good thing as it winds up Rangi. No other reason, really. Aclam piesties on the other hand absolutely rule the roost, with the shortest pastry ever - thanks to GJH :wink:

Reactions: GJH

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Nah….. carrots rule. Has to be a good thing as it winds up Rangi. No other reason, really. Aclam piesties on the other hand absolutely rule the roost, with the shortest pastry ever - thanks to GJH :wink:
I have noticed that a number of shops in and around North Yorkshire now sell a "Yorkshire Pastie".
Similar to the traditional Cornish ones but, as you say, not a patch on the Supreme Acklam Piestie (complete with carrots naturally).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
I have noticed that a number of shops in and around North Yorkshire now sell a "Yorkshire Pastie".
Similar to the traditional Cornish ones but, as you say, not a patch on the Supreme Acklam Piestie (complete with carrots naturally).
I’m in Ripon at the moment so I think I need to get down the pie shop and do a taste test - Rowe’s (or Mary’s) Cornish Pasty -v- Acklam thingy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back