Fool proof recipe for roast chicken......WARNING you may find this amusing. (1 Viewer)

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
I've just found this recipe and thought it might be useful.... You could easily substitute turkey for chicken!

EASY CHICKEN RECIPE
When I found this recipe, I thought it was perfect for people like me, who are not sure how to tell when poultry is thoroughly cooked, but not dried out. Give this a try.
1 chicken
1 cup melted butter
1 cup stuffing
1 cup uncooked popcorn
Salt/pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
Brush chicken well with melted butter salt and pepper.
Fill cavity with stuffing mixed with popcorn.
Place in baking pan with the neck end toward the back of the oven.
Listen for the popping sounds.
When the chicken's arse blows the oven door open and the chicken flies across the room and lands on the table, it's done and ready to eat!
And you thought I couldn't cook .....

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
I've just found this recipe and thought it might be useful.... You could easily substitute turkey for chicken!

EASY CHICKEN RECIPE
When I found this recipe, I thought it was perfect for people like me, who are not sure how to tell when poultry is thoroughly cooked, but not dried out. Give this a try.
1 chicken
1 cup melted butter
1 cup stuffing
1 cup uncooked popcorn
Salt/pepper to taste
When the chicken's arse blows the oven door open and the chicken flies across the room and lands on the table, it's done and ready to eat!
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
The similar threads shows a post from the Olde Mo entitled 'Sex on Friday'........the mind boggles.:xeek:

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
We occasionally do a Beer Butt Chicken. You empty about a quarter out of a can of beer then stick the can up its backside and stand it up in a roasting pan. The beers absorbed into the chicken and keeps it nice and moist.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
We occasionally do a Beer Butt Chicken. You empty about a quarter out of a can of beer then stick the can up its backside and stand it up in a roasting pan. The beers absorbed into the chicken and keeps it nice and moist.
Do you find that Aass beer is best :xdoh:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07

Now you know it doesn't take much to confuse me. :(. Is that true, before I tell other people about it?

May 8, 2011
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Will try and find the picture and the recipe.:xsmile:
Here’s the photo
2C7FAB8E-5AA5-4A6B-9B18-676906FFCF2A.jpeg

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year

EASY CHICKEN RECIPE
1 chicken
1 cup melted butter
1 cup stuffing
1 cup uncooked popcorn
Salt/pepper to taste

Sounds like my ex partner, she put a chicken in the oven and turned the gas on, about an hour later she lit a gas ring to boil some spuds, luckily the oven door had no catch, so when the gas in the oven exploded the door flew open narrowly missing the dog, a flame blew across the kitchen and the door slammed closed.

Dinner was late, the dog never went back in the kitchen, she never cooked again and I’ve always had had electric ovens since.

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
On a serious note. I really hope it's not raining on Christmas day as I'm going to have to cook the chicken in the bbq so the one shelf in the van oven is free for spuds and pigs in blankets. Think I'm going to Spatchcock it so it cooks quicker.

I've not done a Christmas dinner in the van before so it will be interesting!

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Do you reckon that a dirty oven like that saves on having to pre-marinade the chicken overnight , and add a Smokey taste overall?
I hate cleaning ovens, takes me all day, need a few beers to aid me in the task, and only feels like 5 minute since I did it last time. :unsure:
Lesson learned, I do all my roasts in an enamelled Dutch Oven, then that's the only bit that needs cleaning each time, one similar to this one, its much lighter that the Le Creuset cast iron set we have also, wouldn't be without now.(had it 30 years or more, still like new)
Sorry for the slight thread drift, it was the dirty oven that did it.!
LES

May 8, 2011
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Do you reckon that a dirty oven like that saves on having to pre-marinade the chicken overnight , and add a Smokey taste overall?
I hate cleaning ovens, takes me all day, need a few beers to aid me in the task, and only feels like 5 minute since I did it last time. :unsure:
Lesson learned, I do all my roasts in an enamelled Dutch Oven, then that's the only bit that needs cleaning each time, one similar to this one, its much lighter that the Le Creuset cast iron set we have also, wouldn't be without now.(had it 30 years or more, still like new)
Sorry for the slight thread drift, it was the dirty oven that did it.!
LES
You cheeky bugger!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back