Jul 25, 2022
Newington, Sittingbourne, Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
Hi All,

Currently at Pembrey C&M club site and realise we have a small problem with our folding step. Nothing too serious.....it's just not sounding the alarm when we move without retracting it. When we first purchased the van it was a bl**dy nuisance, almost deafening in its intensity.......now its stopped working I miss rhe reassurance that it offers, especially as I discovered the fault when I happened to look in the rear view mirror as we were travelling here and realised the step was still out. That could have been nasty if we took a right hand turn too tight. My question is; where is the sensor located on it and is this a common fault that even the most basic DIY moron (me) can fix? For reference the step appears to be made by Lippert and is attached to a 2 year old Burstner Lyseo.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
If you are willing to travel Steve may fix it he fixed mine at a reasonable cost but its an 90 minute drive from wher you are
He's an old fashion garage mechanic

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On my Hymer there’s a switch, similar to car door switch, that touches the step when it’s closed.
Also best to find the buzzer and test that

Upvote 0
OP
OP
andyelbac
Jul 25, 2022
Newington, Sittingbourne, Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
Managed to fix this. Crawled underneath and saw a black plastic cover attached to the side of the mechanism by two screws. Removed the screws and cover and there was a white switch, similar to that on a light socket. When the step is closed it depresses the switch, completing the circuit and sounding the buzzer. I pressed the switch in and out a good dozen times, gave it a bit of a clean and drowned it in WD40 and it worked a treat. Buzzer now working!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 19, 2019
Warwick, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-t
I’m pleased you got it working. Regular WD40 isn’t the best thing to use on electric switches. I’d use a silicon spray for the mechanical parts and an electric contact cleaner spray.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back