Fogstar Batteries Funster Discounts (1 Viewer)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Excellent! Sadly a day or two too late for us, our ferry is booked on 5th June, but somebody will get lucky! we decided last week to buy the 300ah arriving at Fogstar on 30th May. Fortunately They are just up the road in redditch, I'll be camped outside their warehouse on the 29th waiting for the delivery to arrive, spanners at the readyšŸ˜
If you buy from RogerIvy
OffGrid Power Solutions you will get a 10% Funster discount.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I donā€™t know if the web site is up to date but from what I have just seen they are selling 100 amp hr batteries for Ā£360 so even with 10% off itā€™s still Ā£125 over priced compared to what 100amp hr battery are selling for now šŸ˜‰

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
I donā€™t know if the web site is up to date but from what I have just seen they are selling 100 amp hr batteries for Ā£360 so even with 10% off itā€™s still Ā£125 over priced compared to what 100amp hr battery are selling for now šŸ˜‰
Sorry not understanding what you are saying, who is selling at Ā£360 and who is Ā£125 cheaper?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Are you comparing with other suppliers with UK back up or drop shippers with no UK back up.?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I Clicked the link Lenny gave. Looked at prices of 100 amp hr compare to what other batteries are selling for -you can now get 100 amp hr for around Ā£200 /220
I only use lipo in my power tools and find little difference in mega expensive batteries or cheaper ones - not got around to changing van batteries yet as the 10 year old Victron gels are holding up good.
No doubt will have to look at batteries for the van sometime in the future so just been looking at prices on 100 amp hrs to keep comparisons simple. Not looked back up etc, just think if it works it works šŸ˜‰

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Are you comparing with other suppliers with UK back up or drop shippers with no UK back up.?
I expect if I buy something it should work - if it doesnā€™t I send it back for a refund be it Ā£200 or Ā£360 battery

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
I Clicked the link Lenny gave. Looked at prices of 100 amp hr compare to what other batteries are selling for -you can now get 100 amp hr for around Ā£200 /220
I only use lipo in my power tools and find little difference in mega expensive batteries or cheaper ones - not got around to changing van batteries yet as the 10 year old Victron gels are holding up good.
No doubt will have to look at batteries for the van sometime in the future so just been looking at prices on 100 amp hrs to keep comparisons simple. Not looked back up etc, just think if it works it works šŸ˜‰
Are you comparing apples with apples, decent ones will have BMS to protect overcharging etc. Is max discharge rate the same etc?

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
I expect if I buy something it should work - if it doesnā€™t I send it back for a refund be it Ā£200 or Ā£360 battery
Agreed but "expect" and "receive" can be very different things as we know so all depends on how certain you want to be.These are sizeable investments for many people and it's not just about whether it works on day 1, day 30 etc.Fogstars have a 10 year warranty which I wanted and I have more confidence over that having some value than some other options.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Are you comparing apples with apples, decent ones will have BMS to protect overcharging etc. Is max discharge rate the same etc?
No mate I have not gone that deep yet, simply done comparisons on cost per amp hour ie cost of 100 amp hr. You are talking to a guy who only put solar on the van 10 years ago because until they dropped to Ā£100 for a 100 w panel I couldnā€™t justify Ā£400/500 for a panel when I could simply chuck another 100 amp lead acid in for around Ā£50 or even 2. Now I would not be without solar šŸ˜‰

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Fogstar batteries also have built in heaters.
Please educate me - how often does this heater come on in the real world? - While itā€™s a nice thing to have over specified battery bank I donā€™t need ā€œbragging rightsā€ that I would not use. I think the most that could happen if the batteries got low is I turn the engine on or turn the telly off šŸ˜„ for a night. My batteries are internal so should be nice and cosy

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Please educate me - how often does this heater come on in the real world? - While itā€™s a nice thing to have over specified battery bank I donā€™t need ā€œbragging rightsā€ that I would not use. I think the most that could happen if the batteries got low is I turn the engine on or turn the telly off šŸ˜„ for a night. My batteries are internal so should be nice and cosy
Important if your batteries are in an outside locker a lot of older vans have external battery lockers.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Heater is def useful when travelling to colder climes, skiing trips, Norway adventures etc.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Heater is def useful when travelling to colder climes, skiing trips, Norway adventures etc.
I'm not so sure, if you battery is internal you will have heater on so I doubt they will ever come on. If external then maybe but I'm sure if you are in the van then the heating will keep even an external locker above the threshold.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I'll be camped outside their warehouse on the 29th waiting for the delivery to arrive, spanners at the readyšŸ˜
Keep checking with them, they have been known to have early deliveries!!

You could also take the opportunity to see if a bigger battery would fit, I originally ordered a 460 but when I arrived to collect, it was potentially too big to fit, so I swapped to a 300 with no fuss!

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Agreed but "expect" and "receive" can be very different things as we know so all depends on how certain you want to be.These are sizeable investments for many people and it's not just about whether it works on day 1, day 30 etc.Fogstars have a 10 year warranty which I wanted and I have more confidence over that having some value than some other options.
Will Fogstar honour the 10 year warranty? Will they be around in ten years time?
Iā€™ll ask again in about 7 years time šŸ˜‰
I used to buy things that had 10 years gtee but when I stopped buying off them and went with another supplier the gtee went šŸ˜³ No problem while I dealt with them

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
You can say that about any warranty on any product.

Fogstar have been around since 2016 so well on their way to their first ten years, so I've no reason to suppose they won't do a further 10.
Exactly my thinking too.Its about the level of confidence.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I used to buy things that had 10 years gtee but when I stopped buying off them and went with another supplier the gtee went šŸ˜³

I went to buy some round stock fence posts from an agricultural supplier. Guy asked if I wanted to pay another Ā£2 a post, for better, harder wood, that had been specially treated and were offering them with a 15 year guarantee. I thought about that for a moment, then imagined myself back at the store, aged 81 with a rotten post in my hand asking for a replacement, and said, No, the normal posts will do

Nov 19, 2023
Kidderminster, UK
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil Terrestra
Exp
Green as grass
Keep checking with them, they have been known to have early deliveries!!

You could also take the opportunity to see if a bigger battery would fit, I originally ordered a 460 but when I arrived to collect, it was potentially too big to fit, so I swapped to a 300 with no fuss!
That would be good! 30th is a little tight before we hit the road butšŸ¤ž. I think the 300ah will slot snugly into one of the battery bays, weā€™ll see how one goes and maybe fire another one in for the apocalypse.

May 10, 2021
Midlands uk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starburst
Exp
On the back of the good reports from Funsters I've had a good chat with Fogstar today and they are keen to further forum sales.

One proposal was about earning affiliate income, in as much as I would earn a commission on sales whenever Funsters buy. But I've said I would prefer not to do that and rather them pass savings on as an exclusive discount for the Funsters. If they give us a good exclusive discount, adding value to our subscription, I'll give them a free ad on the forum. They also want to run a few competitions for Funsters to win batteries

We've agreed this deal in principle, but it will be a little while before we can work out the nitty-gritty. Watch this space (y)
Think that's brilliant. I bought a 480ah from Fogstar just over a year ago and it has been superb. Looking to buy another soon so the discount would be great.

Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
My 280A x2 Drift batteries have been flawless for about 10 months now. Cell Delta stays nicely under 9 millivolts at full charge. Normally around 3 to 4. Excellent service when you reach out to them with a question. And they are always improving and expanding their products.
Very Happy Funster.

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
I'm guessing you haven't discharged enough to count. There is a parameter in the advanced settings, 85Ah in a 105Ah battery. I think it will add a cycle when you've used 85Ah in this case.
Iā€™ve discharged it down till it cut off (only once ) , time will tell , most likely sort itself out

Feb 28, 2018
Funster No
I'm not so sure, if you battery is internal you will have heater on so I doubt they will ever come on. If external then maybe but I'm sure if you are in the van then the heating will keep even an external locker above the threshold.
What about when vans are in storage over the winter? A few days of zero or below, the internal temp will drop right down if the van is not in use...

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
What about when vans are in storage over the winter? A few days of zero or below, the internal temp will drop right down if the van is not in use...
But you won't be bothered about charging. Mine hasn't got a heater so bms stops charging and I've always had a full battery so I'm not bothered just another thing to go wrong.

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
I think the issue is when you come to charge below zero or whatever then dangerous temp is deemed to be. When you plug a charger in, the first thing is does is get the batteries up to a safe temp to charge, don't think they keep them toasty all year long!

Smokaijo

LIFE MEMBER
May 15, 2023
Guildford, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 679
Exp
My partner & I are newbies and have a fully adapted motorhome for myself with my electric wheelchair
On the back of the good reports from Funsters I've had a good chat with Fogstar today and they are keen to further forum sales.

One proposal was about earning affiliate income, in as much as I would earn a commission on sales whenever Funsters buy. But I've said I would prefer not to do that and rather them pass savings on as an exclusive discount for the Funsters. If they give us a good exclusive discount, adding value to our subscription, I'll give them a free ad on the forum. They also want to run a few competitions for Funsters to win batteries

We've agreed this deal in principle, but it will be a little while before we can work out the nitty-gritty. Watch this space (y)
I will be as I would love another battery šŸ˜œxx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back