Fiat Ducato Main Beam not working, help! (1 Viewer)

Feb 20, 2024
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T69L
Hi, I'm new here! I need some help with our Fiat Ducato 2018. The main beam is not working on both sides and we have checked bulbs, fuses and the relay which all appear to be fine. The light on the dash is working. Also, annoyingly whilst investigating this fault I have noticed the left indicator has started clicking very fast. Is this related, and any suggestions as to what may be causing this problem too?

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Hi, I'm new here! I need some help with our Fiat Ducato 2018. The main beam is not working on both sides and we have checked bulbs, fuses and the relay which all appear to be fine. The light on the dash is working. Also, annoyingly whilst investigating this fault I have noticed the left indicator has started clicking very fast. Is this related, and any suggestions as to what may be causing this problem too?

The indicator flicking fast usually means that a bulb has gone on one of the indicators lights, as for the beams check earths and also for mice chewing the wiresā€¦

OP
OP
summergirl
Feb 20, 2024
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T69L
Morning All! Just to update you about this problem, turns out it is an issue with the BSI/BCE, apparently this isn't a rare problem with Fiat Ducato vans. Now to find someone to fix this!

Feb 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1974
Morning All! Just to update you about this problem, turns out it is an issue with the BSI/BCE, apparently this isn't a rare problem with Fiat Ducato vans. Now to find someone to fix this!
Forgive my ignorance but what is BSI & BCE in english please.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
would lay odds o it being earth related or a corroded terminal on the body control unit

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Forgive my ignorance but what is BSI & BCE in english please.
Sometimes called the body control computer I believe. It's the bit which "talks" to vehicle parts such as door locks etc through the CANBUS.

OP
OP
summergirl
Feb 20, 2024
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T69L
Just an update regarding the problem we had with our van. Just want to post a recommendation if you have a problem with your electrics and live in the Essex area, Danbury Auto Electrics are excellent!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
3+
Just an update regarding the problem we had with our van. Just want to post a recommendation if you have a problem with your electrics and live in the Essex area, Danbury Auto Electrics are excellent!
What was the problem?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back