Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Currently, we're pausing email notifications. Here's the situation: we dispatch thousands of emails every hour. While that in itself isn't a problem, the challenge arises because a significant number of these emails remain unopened, and many are wrongly directed to the junk folder instead of the trash.

This sends signals to the email providers and adversely affects our reputation as an email sender, leading big players like Microsoft and Google to label us as spammers, subsequently blocking any emails we attempt to send your way.

This blockade is catastrophic for our operations. Without the ability to send emails, we're unable to welcome new members or dispatch admin email. The aftermath? We're forced to reset—acquiring a new mail server and fresh IP addresses. We've navigated this road multiple times and spent 60 hours on it this weekend after Microsoft banned us yet again. Thankfully up to now it's "just" our IP addresses that get banned, However, if this trend continues and our domain gets banned, we'll be stuffed..

So, for now, email alerts are off, you'll still get alerts here, and if you have loaded the app you'll get push notifications to your phone, otherwise you'll just need to check in with us more frequently, which is no bad thing, its nice here:D

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
So does this mean things like the weekly round up? Because sorry I rarely open that, having been on the forum in the last week?

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
I associate emails with having been under extreme pressure to respond with advice ASAP, so I have almost stopped looking at emails now. As a means of communication it has very little effect. Anyone who sends me an email would find it doesn't get opened for maybe 10-14 days!

I do check into Fun most days. I probably spend too much time on this forum, hey ho. :cheers:

Nov 5, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria
So does this mean things like the weekly round up? Because sorry I rarely open that, having been on the forum in the last week?
I also never read these round ups, I could probably write them 🤣. My wife thinks I need therapy!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Email has been relegated to receipts and official correspondence. Everything else gets dumped without being opened.

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
I often close emails without reading telling me somebody has replied to a thread I'm watching. In truth if I'm watching a thread I don't need reminders. How do my energy company get away with sending me emails telling me I have a smart meter waiting for me. In the same vain as above, I could have a much larger manhood.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Since we got the app for iPhones working, I haven't used email alerts. In my Broken Link Removed I turned off every push notification apart from private messages, reporting and a few others. Now if I get a private message my phone or apple watch (if I'm wearing it) pings to let me know. (y)

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Jim, will emails still be sent upon a conversation?

If not, I can see this being a problem when requests are made for payment etc for us that organise rallies…..

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Bu@@er I've been missing out.:crying:
This thread has prompted me to check my spam folder, which I rarely do ... and I found a load of emails from the same address letting me know there are all these women from around the world wanting a date with me.:doh:
I think I have one of those, but mines called a 'Fantasy Folder', not a Spam one? 😆

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jim, will emails still be sent upon a conversation?

If not, I can see this being a problem when requests are made for payment etc for us that organise rallies…..
No, but we can get around that easily enough, I can place a form on your rally page that people fill to say they have sent a deposit. Then you'll get a mail and if you wish a line added to a google spreadsheet that you'll have access to. So it will be better and less messy than PMs

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
Thanks Jim for the explanation of whats happening.
I'll miss the emails though for threads I'm following but I see your point.
Steph

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
No, but we can get around that easily enough, I can place a form on your rally page that people fill to say they have sent a deposit. Then you'll get a mail and if you wish a line added to a google spreadsheet that you'll have access to. So it will be better and less messy than PMs
Thanks anyway, but I've already been using a google form for the 3F's. The issues arise when people don't come on the forum often. If they are not regular users, then they won't know they've had a notification. Emails are a back up to reach them.

I understand your issues but wondered if we could at least have conversations left to receive emails, without affecting you?

Do you know how many people use the app?

Oct 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
VW
Exp
Since 2017
Jim

FWIW

I’ve opted out of e-mails but still receive the Fun weekly round up email?

Something doesn’t sound right.

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Jim, I’ve just worked out the “app” and the notifications are coming in thick and fast. Much easier, thanks.
Just hope others are using it 🤞

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jim, I’ve just worked out the “app” and the notifications are coming in thick and fast. Much easier, thanks.
Just hope others are using it 🤞

We have a rally module being developed, one of the big components of it will be communication. So rally organisers will be able to email everyone on a rally with a single click. Rally Whatsapp groups too. It's been in in development 10 months already, its still a little away yet.

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
We have a rally module being developed, one of the big components of it will be communication. So rally organisers will be able to email everyone on a rally with a single click. Rally Whatsapp groups too. It's been in in development 10 months already, its still a little away yet.
Ooh, sounds good 👍🏼

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Just gone to my preferences and everything is ticked both alert and push...........is that good?

Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
Currently, we're pausing email notifications. Here's the situation: we dispatch thousands of emails every hour. While that in itself isn't a problem, the challenge arises because a significant number of these emails remain unopened, and many are wrongly directed to the junk folder instead of the trash.

This sends signals to the email providers and adversely affects our reputation as an email sender, leading big players like Microsoft and Google to label us as spammers, subsequently blocking any emails we attempt to send your way.

This blockade is catastrophic for our operations. Without the ability to send emails, we're unable to welcome new members or dispatch admin email. The aftermath? We're forced to reset—acquiring a new mail server and fresh IP addresses. We've navigated this road multiple times and spent 60 hours on it this weekend after Microsoft banned us yet again. Thankfully up to now it's "just" our IP addresses that get banned, However, if this trend continues and our domain gets banned, we'll be stuffed..

So, for now, email alerts are off, you'll still get alerts here, and if you have loaded the app you'll get push notifications to your phone, otherwise you'll just need to check in with us more frequently, which is no bad thing, its nice here:D
Thanks for the heads up. Being one of the miscreants that rarely reads the email and just logs in to the forum, I have just un-checked the relevant tick box so hopefully won't get them in future if and when you re-instate them. As I transact all my MHF business by being logged on to the forum are there any other boxes I should un-check?

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
I'm sure you've got it all covered already, and I wouldn't want to create more work for you but I take it you've covered all the bases regarding GDPR?

Cheers
Red.

Sep 28, 2019
Newbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 767 GA
Exp
Since 2018
Bu@@er I've been missing out.:crying:
This thread has prompted me to check my spam folder, which I rarely do ... and I found a load of emails from the same address letting me know there are all these women from around the world wanting a date with me.:doh:
Bet you also get loads from companies advertising those blue tablets 🤣

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back