Dripping Tap (1 Viewer)

Apr 24, 2021
Sleaford, UK
Funster No
MH
Low profile coachbui
Exp
Since 2019
Has any funsters had the need to dismantle a pedestal tap as shown above, its dripping from the circled joint in the photo
This is fitted to our 2021 Swift 674 Escape Champagne, apparently it may be frost damage or in need of a ‘cartridge’
Anyone here changed a cartridge or taken tap apart, I’d appreciate tips on dismantling

IMG_0541.jpeg

JRT

Feb 28, 2023
The former North Riding of Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Nearly did....but...
Exp
40 years caravanning.
Has any funsters had the need to dismantle a pedestal tap as shown above, its dripping from the circled joint in the photo
This is fitted to our 2021 Swift 674 Escape Champagne, apparently it may be frost damage or in need of a ‘cartridge’
Anyone here changed a cartridge or taken tap apart, I’d appreciate tips on dismantling

View attachment 891958

We gave up on trying to find out how dismantle one of these taps.

And it was just the cartridge that needed changing.

If the cartridge needs changing it normally does just drips from the spout, not the casing.

Your description suggesting frost damage would indicate it's the tap casing that is damaged meaning the whole tap is needing replacement.

They ain't cheap.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
There may be a failed " O " ring at the joint to let it leak. Does it stop leaking after a while? This may be when the reservoir of water in the tap spout has leaked away.
I don't know that particular tap, but in general to access the cartridge , there will be a grub screw on the back of the tap body. Under the hot/cold plastic insert there's usually another, giving access to the cartridge, which is retained by a another screw and some sort of lock nut.
Have a google search for a video of how to dismantle, generally someone has done it before. Is the system a submersible pump,or pressurised ? Other's will be along shortly with more information.
Mike.

Reactions: f6c
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Excaliber
Apr 24, 2021
Sleaford, UK
Funster No
MH
Low profile coachbui
Exp
Since 2019
We gave up on trying to find out how dismantle one of these taps.

And it was just the cartridge that needed changing.

If the cartridge needs changing it normally does just drips from the spout, not the casing.

Your description suggesting frost damage would indicate it's the tap casing that is damaged meaning the whole tap is needing replacement.

They ain't cheap.

Thanks, that’s the beast

Reactions: JRT
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Excaliber
Apr 24, 2021
Sleaford, UK
Funster No
MH
Low profile coachbui
Exp
Since 2019
There may be a failed " O " ring at the joint to let it leak. Does it stop leaking after a while? This may be when the reservoir of water in the tap spout has leaked away.
I don't know that particular tap, but in general to access the cartridge , there will be a grub screw on the back of the tap body. Under the hot/cold plastic insert there's usually another, giving access to the cartridge, which is retained by a another screw and some sort of lock nut.
Have a google search for a video of how to dismantle, generally someone has done it before. Is the system a submersible pump,or pressurised ? Other's will be along shortly with more information.
Mike.
Thanks I’ll do a bit more research now I know the brand of tap

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back