Downloading Prime videos to Hard drive/ USB drive (1 Viewer)

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
I would like to get rid of the DVDs that we carry in the van and download some media on to a hard drive to plug into the Avtec TV. From what I understand, to download Prime videos to a hard drive I will need a 3rd prty app. Any recommendations?
Thanks
Howard

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Id only just learned to tape on a vhs video when they did away with them, how the hell you put films on a hard drive I’ll never know!! What is a hard drive btw, how are they powered? I managed to put music on a usb stick 10 yrs ago but I don’t think you could fit a film on them could you?

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
From Amazon....

1708268682391.png

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
I didnt really want to download on to a PC. Would prefer to load on to an external hard drive.

Plug an external Hard Drive into your PC/laptop and download to it that way :)

EDIT - I'm sorry, that was rather assumptive of me. Do you know how to do that? :)

OP
OP
Howard B
Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Plug an external Hard Drive into your PC/laptop and download to it that way :)

EDIT - I'm sorry, that was rather assumptive of me. Do you know how to do that? :)
Hi
I cant see how to download to a hard drive.
Not sure how to specify the external drive. When i did a search , it pointed me to using 3rd party software.

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If you get an Android TV box with memory I have one that is only 100mm square it has 64GB of memory and an SD card slot & USB ports, I can download hundreds of hours of video onto it.
You just load the apps you need, Prime, Netflix, Iplayer etc then you can download what you want.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
We take a 60 quid tablet away with an SD card. Use the apps and download directly and have shed loads of available tv

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Hi
I cant see how to download to a hard drive.
Not sure how to specify the external drive. When i did a search , it pointed me to using 3rd party software.

OK, no probs :) With your hard drive attached to your PC, go through the steps to download and you'll find at some stage it'll ask where you want to save to. It might say something like 'Browse'. Click on that and that will show you the contents of your PC. Your hard drive will show up as (D), or (E) etc, depending how many drives you have. Choose the correct one and click 'Save'.

I hope that helps. You may see prompts that are different those above but give it a try and see how you get on :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Most downloads from Prime, iPlayer, Netflix etc have a 30 day limit so not really worth the effort (and cost of upgrading to Windows 10 etc) for me.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
We use a rather old Sumvision Cyclone media player to play our movies direct from an external hard drive, we downloaded 100's of films rather naughty we know using "Pirate bay" a good few years ago.

OP
OP
Howard B
Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
OK, no probs :) With your hard drive attached to your PC, go through the steps to download and you'll find at some stage it'll ask where you want to save to. It might say something like 'Browse'. Click on that and that will show you the contents of your PC. Your hard drive will show up as (D), or (E) etc, depending how many drives you have. Choose the correct one and click 'Save'.

I hope that helps. You may see prompts that are different those above but give it a try and see how you get on :)
Using PC, pressed download, no options to choose where is saved to. Its currently in Prime under downloads.

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Using PC, pressed download, no options to choose where is saved to. Its currently in Prime under downloads.

That's ok, you just need to 'drag and drop'. Click once on it (in Downloads), to highlight it. Then hold down the left mouse button to 'pick it up' and, while still holding the button down and moving the mouse, move it to the folder you want it in. When you're over the folder you want, the folder should be highlighted. Once it is, release the left button and the file will be dropped into that folder. let me know how you get on

OP
OP
Howard B
Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
I cant see it in any folders thats the problem.

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
I think the problem is you have to open prime on the laptop to download & it just downloads to the download section of prime. I don’t think you can access the files from there. I don’t think there is a simple answer, but I’m sure there’s a “young persons get around it“ answer! I don’t know it though!

OP
OP
Howard B
Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Ah, ok. I thought you meant it's in Downloads on your PC but I think now you mean it's under Downloads in Prime. Is that correct?
Yes

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
I have an old phone with a 64g SD card and download to that, then using a lead from eBay I play back on the TV

NRM

Oct 16, 2018
Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8096DF
Exp
If you get an Android TV box with memory I have one that is only 100mm square it has 64GB of memory and an SD card slot & USB ports, I can download hundreds of hours of video onto it.
You just load the apps you need, Prime, Netflix, Iplayer etc then you can download what you want.
Hi Lenny do you have details of the Android tv box that you use? Thanks

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
We use a rather old Sumvision Cyclone media player to play our movies direct from an external hard drive, we downloaded 100's of films rather naughty we know using "Pirate bay" a good few years ago.
Ditto! Has worked well for many years and keep as a back up. Now using a firstick with special software so we can watch anything, sports, films tv. paye per view, the lot!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back