Dog proof cover for dinette seat (2 Viewers)

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
I’ve just about persuaded OH that poor Yogi can sit on the dinette seat on a trial basis to see if it alleviates his terror of travelling. We are beginning to wonder if it is the vibration that freaks him out so raising him up may (or may not) help. Nala is fine she loves travelling. Any recommendations for a good cover to protect the dinette seats? Thanks.
325F4AE5-A6AA-43BD-9707-C524191F0B8C.jpeg

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Our daughters Springer used to love going in our last van, this one is the same layout but after traveling in it she hated it and wouldn't go near it.
The van had a very hard ride since fitting full air suspension although reluctant to go in, once in she is fine with traveling in it.

So there is your answer fit full air.:LOL:

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I use fleece throws, lightweight ones, on all our seats. So easy to tuck in and quick to wash and dry every trip. They also don’t fray - I had to cut a hole on one to pass through the fixed lead which attaches to her harness so she cannot jump off.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Maybe try a memory foam topper in a single duvet for easy clean.
You could fold it up and try it on the floor first, if that doesn’t work put it on the bench seat. Big dog Claws wouldn’t go through that and it’d stop vibrations too.

OP
OP
Grianan
Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Our daughters Springer used to love going in our last van, this one is the same layout but after traveling in it she hated it and wouldn't go near it.
The van had a very hard ride since fitting full air suspension although reluctant to go in, once in she is fine with traveling in it.

So there is your answer fit full air.:LOL:
You may not be far wrong. He also hates the vibrations of the boat.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 13, 2022
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
New to Motorhome, experienced caravanner 😊
We tried our 1 year old Labrador on the bench seat but he was unhappy there, he only settled when on the floor under the table. A memory foam bed under the table might be the way to go 🤞🏻

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2017
I got a stretchy fake leather seat cover from Amazon. It wipes clean and blends in well with the black leather seats.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Memory foam cushions vibration (op request) and stops long nail damage on leather seats more than light weight throws. That’s my way of thinking 👍

Aug 23, 2019
Shropshire, Market Drayton, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 634
Exp
since 2017
Ours seem to get uncomfortable not sick but looking as if they might if it get too hot. We travel with all the windows on the security catch so a flow of air goes all round. Mind you we have a rear lounge so they have lots of space on the sofas to lounge. I made fitted corduroy covers which are washable and have a backing that means any dampness would not get through. Cost £4.99 p.m

OP
OP
Grianan
Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Thanks for all suggestions,
We’ve just tried him sitting on the seat and he got up quite happy.
Usually, even getting him n the van (or car or boat) is an issue.
I’ve bought on Amazon prime a waterproof fleece blanket but will pop into Asda tomorrow to get a bundle of the £4 ones to put on top.
We’re taking him up north on Friday so will see how he travels.
If this doesn’t work then memory foam bed, probably on seat, is plan B.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back