DFDS Spain to Marocco (1 Viewer)

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
DFDS have just announced takeover of FRS Iberia/Maroc ferry routes to Marocco.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Did a quick test on a price. Over 400 euro.
Think most motorhome people will stick with Carlos when they get to Algerciras 280 euro was last price I heard for an open return ticket.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Did a quick test on a price. Over 400 euro.
Think most motorhome people will stick with Carlos when they get to Algerciras 280 euro was last price I heard for an open return ticket.
€270 with MotorhomeFun discount plus bottle of wine and a Swiss roll😁

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
€270 with MotorhomeFun discount plus bottle of wine and a Swiss roll😁
It seems thats his standard price ( 280euros non fun) .no matter what size van you have . But if you have a small van 6m or less it's cheaper at the port but only around 35/40 euros less.
(y)

Jan 23, 2023
Lincolnshire, UK/ Torre del mar ES
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftain
Exp
Since 1983 motorhoming ,got the bug in a T2 in 76.
I intend using carlos next weekend for a crossing on monday 12/2, will get a price at the port too,(maybe the 20% pensioner discount will apply now its under dfds,who knows) but given im @8.4m carlos price maybe best available.
I will report on here my findings and costs.

Feb 20, 2024
Funster No
MH
Swift 694
Carlos was as good as MF claims.

The crossing itself was fine and dandy.

However not impressed by chaotic vehicle "management "

The ramp to the ferry's top deck looked likely to ground the tail or middle of our Swift Escape 694. 7.43 m long

Ferry was the Transmediterranea

Anybody have a view here?

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I intend using carlos next weekend for a crossing on monday 12/2, will get a price at the port too,(maybe the 20% pensioner discount will apply now its under dfds,who knows) but given im @8.4m carlos price maybe best available.
I will report on here my findings and costs.
how did you get on?

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
how did you get on?
I'll be asking for the Senior Spanish Resident discount...if we venture into our neighbouring non European country....they let us in by air a few years ago...we went First Class with Ryanair....🤔😃👍🥳

Jan 23, 2023
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftain
Exp
In reply ,we purchased tickets from carlos ,he offered a crossing same day at e270 with a bottle of red and a longlife swiss roll.
Made our way to the port easily and waited........and waited....... 3hours later than scheduled we sailed on the AML " morrocan star", a 40 yr old danish built ferry ,tired but adequate.
On board we negotiated the moroccan customs officers pleasant but official in his requirements,and awaited the berthing in tangier med,(just over 1 hour 45 mins berth to berth)
Soon we were following another moho off and towards the customs post ,we handed over our passports and v5 ,then we were examined extremely closely for guns, drones and beer,of which several cans were taxed,with a smile ,he held out our vehicle import card and v5 and said " all is good ,enjoy morroco" ,and off we went.
All in all very easy ,if a little slap dash ,timings are not gospel,even the port in spain had a very tomorrow will do attitude.
Recommend you enter morroco with no more than a 1/4 tank of derv ,its so cheap at around £1.05 litre and fill up before you leave to return to spain.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024
Funster No
MH
Swift 694
In reply ,we purchased tickets from carlos ,he offered a crossing same day at e270 with a bottle of red and a longlife swiss roll.
Made our way to the port easily and waited........and waited....... 3hours later than scheduled we sailed on the AML " morrocan star", a 40 yr old danish built ferry ,tired but adequate.
On board we negotiated the moroccan customs officers pleasant but official in his requirements,and awaited the berthing in tangier med,(just over 1 hour 45 mins berth to berth)
Soon we were following another moho off and towards the customs post ,we handed over our passports and v5 ,then we were examined extremely closely for guns, drones and beer,of which several cans were taxed,with a smile ,he held out our vehicle import card and v5 and said " all is good ,enjoy morroco" ,and off we went.
All in all very easy ,if a little slap dash ,timings are not gospel,even the port in spain had a very tomorrow will do attitude.
Recommend you enter morroco with no more than a 1/4 tank of derv ,its so cheap at around £1.05 litre and fill up before you leave to return to spain.
Did your ferry have that awful ramp up to vehicle top deck where moho go

Jan 23, 2023
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftain
Exp
No ,i was loaded onto lower deck with the trucks and 3 other motorhomes,you drive in and turn at other end 180 to exit ,the "morrocan star" only has a stern door. The high deck as far as i know just had cars and light vans with overloaded trailers.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back