Dethleffs T6717 Grey Water Tank (1 Viewer)

Aug 14, 2022
Farnham, UK
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs TrendT6717
Exp
6 months
Hi, We have recently purchased a T6717 and have been on some trips. I'd like to clean the grey water tank, but I cannot find a way to access it apart from pouring water down the plug holes. My manual is not helpful!
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
There’s usually a hatch in the floor that gives access to a removable lid on the tank. Well, there is on my i7870 at any rate.

Ian

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I just stick a hose up the outlet and rattle it for a few minutes, seems to shift any residue. Top tip is to not pour any oil, fat or milk into the tank.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
We use a combination of crushed dish washer tablets and toilet duck down the sink and bathroom waste pipes.
I think it is more important to keep it disinfected to stop any smells.

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Usually, the tank is underneath the van. It's a black plastic tank about midway along the van. There should be an access cap which is coloured red. This can be unscrewed to give a meaningful way into the tank. The caps can be a bu%%ger to shift. I had to make up a tool to get ours to move, but mines a bit older. Citric acid is a also a favoured cleaning agent for the tank. Next time you go away, drop 15ltrs of a mix ratio of a tablespoon per ltr of water. Let it slosh about in there for the journey cleaning as you go. The toilet cassette can also have the same treatment. When you get to site drain it off, run some clean water through the tank, and activate the open/close valve a few times to make sure the mix doesn't gum up the valve. Also read Jim's excellent grey waste tip post for this week.
Good luck .
Mike.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back