Decision Decisions Fiat or Ford (1 Viewer)

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I am currently looking at changing the van and have 2 in the running one on a Fiat 160bhp with 9 speed ZF auto box, the other on a Ford 160 with 7 speed Auto. Looking for the experiences of others in making a decision in terms of performance and driving experience and NOT security and ease of theft as each will be getting a visit to Vanbitz.

Thanks

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I am currently looking at changing the van and have 2 in the running one on a Fiat 160bhp with 9 speed ZF auto box, the other on a Ford 160 with 7 speed Auto. Looking for the experiences of others in making a decision in terms of performance and driving experience and NOT security and ease of theft as each will be getting a visit to Vanbitz.

Thanks
That is a pretty hard choice nowadays. I think the Ford is a nicer ride by all accounts but both gearboxes are very good

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Ford drives nicely, much more like a car than a van, but security will always be an issue unless you put extra measures in such as a quality Motorhome alarm system and deadlocks on cabin doors and maybe other detergents. Fords are notoriously prone to thef, it’s no fun having the knowledge that someone else is driving your fantastic auto geared van around 🥴

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back