Daytime Running Lights on Pilote Galaxy (1 Viewer)

Jun 12, 2020
Cumbria, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Galaxy G600G
Exp
Since 2015
Two of the five led daytime driving lamps on one side of our Pilote Galaxy have failed.
I have spoken to the Pilote dealer nearest us who said they come from Pilote as a set (both sides) and would cost £350.00.
He was unable to find any detailed information of the lamps other than the Pilote part number, making it difficult for me to look for them elsewhere on the internet.
Has anyone any experience of changing these lamps on a Pilote?
I have seen a thread here recently with a similar question for a different make of motorhome but cannot find it again.

Thanks

IMG_0275.jpeg

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BobilG600
Jun 12, 2020
Cumbria, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Galaxy G600G
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks rb62 I have seen those on eBay. I probably need to try to crawl underneath the motorhome and check the diameter of the lamps and wiring configuration. Good suggestion in the linked post about any data label on the lamp module if I can find that.
The Galaxy has quite a low ground clearance at the front so I need a dry day before I try getting under it. (y)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BobilG600
Jun 12, 2020
Cumbria, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Galaxy G600G
Exp
Since 2015
Not much cheaper but might fit what you need.
Thanks for that 1967bowes.
Yes I’ve seen Hella drl’s on eBay so would consider those if the lamp diameter is a fit etc.
I have now found the OEM part number on the existing lamps and they are made by Sanel. They appear to be supplied fitted to a bracket so should be a direct replacement. Im now trying to find a UK supplier and have found only one uk company listing them so have sent them an enquiry.
Additionally I had a chat with the mechanic who does the MOT’s at our local garage yesterday and as only 2 of the 5 lamps are not working he said that would not be and MOT fail, so giving me time to resolve.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
These might be of interest if you are handy enough to fit, looks like it is quite common issue if you ready the description

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BobilG600
Jun 12, 2020
Cumbria, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Galaxy G600G
Exp
Since 2015
These might be of interest if you are handy enough to fit, looks like it is quite common issue if you ready the description
That looks like the same lamp that is fitted on the Pilote from what I can see of the part numbers, so thank you for passing it on.
Definitely will consider giving it a go, but will wait till after the mot in case of any mishaps.

Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
The high level brake light on my van has deteriorated so only about a third of the LEDs light up. It looks like water has got in. £60 for a new unit. They clearly aren't very robust.

Upvote 0

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Why not try one of the Pilote dealers near you and speak with the service crew and not the parts sales, I had the same problem on my Pilote and they were replaced under warranty and the old unit skipped, I am sure you could use the working lights off a scrapped unit if struggling to get a replacement

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BobilG600
Jun 12, 2020
Cumbria, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Galaxy G600G
Exp
Since 2015
Why not try one of the Pilote dealers near you and speak with the service crew and not the parts sales….
Thanks for the suggestion. Our nearest dealer is in Preston (signature) just over an hour away and we haven’t used them for long so I’ve only dealt with Alan in the office (though he’s very helpful in suggesting alternatives).
I’ve messaged the eBay seller in 1967bowesj’s post with a view to making a repair myself.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BobilG600
Jun 12, 2020
Cumbria, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Galaxy G600G
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks for your help on this. By the time I asked the vendor on eBay a couple of questions and got around to ordering there was only one left, and I needed two ☹️.
So if anyone knotof another going please let me know. 🤞

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back