Davanti Tyres - Unsupported on/for Motorhomes? (1 Viewer)

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Anyone here contemplating Davanti tyres on their Motorhome, as I was, or been advised that Davanti tyres are suitable for their Motorhome? If so, you may wish to be aware of the following caveat published by Davanti via a link on their commercial tyre offerings…

See ‘Improper use of Davanti on motorhomes’ link on their commercial tyre pages, per
following DX440 example…

IMG_0613.png

IMG_0612.jpeg

The same link is present on the following Davanti tyres which I’ve looked at…

IMG_0614.png

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I have never bought campervan specific tyres... always van tyres.

Presently my PVC is shod with Maxxis Vansmart AS AL2 .. an all-season van tyre ..

Price wise they are mid range tyres, recommended, and supplied by a local independent tyre depot .. been on 18 months are van has done around 10k in that time..

I paid £430 for four, fitted and with new steel valves .

Maxxis has manufacturing plants in Taiwan, China, Thailand, Vietnam, the United States, the Netherlands, and India. The tyres made in these plants are then shipped to over 180 countries all over the world.

Upvote 0
Mar 7, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hobby Optima T70 HQ
Michelin said the same to me regarding fitting C winter tyres to my motorhome but as long as the load rating high enough I think they're fine. Having weighed the motorhome axle weights I was asking them what the tyre pressures should be . I have read this is the right thing to do. However they wouldn't tell me. Ended up using pressures as recommended in the Hobby manual. There must be many many motorhomes using C rated winter tyres in Europe where its compulsory in some countries. I don't believe there are any CP rated winter tyres. Don't all shout 'all season' 😀

Upvote 0
Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I think a little less of the holier than thou and slightly more research is called for before jumping to unfounded conclusions and criticism of other peoples motives and decisions please.
This is an open Forum and l will offer my views as l see fit, l didn’t refer to anyone in particular and never would. My view is look at the quality of my requirement and go from there, my choice and view not everyone’s.
And as for taking a holier than thou stance l suggest you take a look in the mirror as that’s what you are doing, and please leave the policing of the Forum to the administrator.

Upvote 0

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
My view is look at the quality of my requirement and go from there, my choice and view not everyone’s.
I apologise for apparently targeting you. However what I quote above is very different from what you actually said being
"why do people look at the price first and the quality second."
That was in a thread where I and others had already mentioned that we had the tyres in question fitted, it is reasonable to assume aa a minimum that your criticism was aimed at my and others earlier decisions. The fact that you always put price first opens you up to all sorts of unnecessary expense as most of us realise the most expensive is rarely actually the best. I did my research, and apparently it now seems got it wrong, difficult to say what I, and I suspect many others could have done differently.

Upvote 0

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
I fitted Davanti to our Burstner and they simply weren’t up to it. After letters and inspection by their own independent inspectors they paid me the cost and the replacement cost of all tyres fitted before small claims court action.
Do not fit them to motorhomes.
Can I ask when that was because it may indicate when they first issued that caveat please?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back