Davanti Tyres - Unsupported on/for Motorhomes? (1 Viewer)

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Anyone here contemplating Davanti tyres on their Motorhome, as I was, or been advised that Davanti tyres are suitable for their Motorhome? If so, you may wish to be aware of the following caveat published by Davanti via a link on their commercial tyre offerings…

See ‘Improper use of Davanti on motorhomes’ link on their commercial tyre pages, per
following DX440 example…

IMG_0613.png

IMG_0612.jpeg

The same link is present on the following Davanti tyres which I’ve looked at…

IMG_0614.png

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Interesting I wonder if the same applies to all van tyres, we was going to replace our tyres this year, but our mechanic who services our motorhome said our manufactured 2016 Michelin Agilis Camping tyres are OK legal and no cracks for another year 79000 k ( he is a motorhome owner ) and only used the new spare and added another new one at that time. 😁

So was thinking 5 tyres next year, and because we don't do winters buying van with the same rating 225 / 75 / 16R 120/ 121.🤔 Bob.

Upvote 0
Jan 8, 2011
Debyshire
Funster No
MH
hymer c640 c class
Exp
since 2009
Thanks for posting this. This gives me a major problem I've had these fitted on the front of my motorhome as I wasn't made aware by the garage fitting them.

But it also does just seem to be davanti who are saying this check out avon tyres web site.

Upvote 0
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
It’s because they know motorhomes can sit around for some time and the tyres start cracking…..🤔

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 8, 2011
Debyshire
Funster No
MH
hymer c640 c class
Exp
since 2009
Yeah I get that but what does that mean improper use? How do they define that could any manufacturer claim that. Can of worms springs to mind especially insurance claims

Upvote 0
Jan 8, 2011
Debyshire
Funster No
MH
hymer c640 c class
Exp
since 2009
I mean could a insurance claim get thrown out cause they say oh you had tyres on that the manufacturer doesn't recommend for your vehicle

Upvote 0
Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
I fitted Davanti to our Burstner and they simply weren’t up to it. After letters and inspection by their own independent inspectors they paid me the cost and the replacement cost of all tyres fitted before small claims court action.
Do not fit them to motorhomes.

Upvote 0
Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
It appears to me that there are a good many high quality well represented Tyres and Manufacturers but at a cost, why do people look at the price first and the quality second.

Upvote 0
Jan 8, 2011
Debyshire
Funster No
MH
hymer c640 c class
Exp
since 2009
It appears to me that there are a good many high quality well represented Tyres and Manufacturers but at a cost, why do people look at the price first and the quality second.
Well I suppose you have answered your own question price I suppose when a product is branded as mid range it's kind of misleading. And it all depends how much cash in the bank u have

Upvote 0

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Well a well respected member here posted a review of various tyres a few years back and the Divantis gave the best ride and were the quietest IIRC. Others said similar about the Toyo' but they were unavailable at the time anywhere near here. I then spoke to the well respected independent tyre fitting company who do a lot of work with auto events etc..I looked at the Divantis website before ordering and having fitted at the same independent tyre place. So mine were far from the cheapest on offer, and indeed were less than a tenner each from Continental CP's and came twice recommended. I have previously had both Continental CP and Michelin's as fitted new to two vans. Both harsh and noisy rides, and the latter were appalling on grass, even when very firm but with some morning dew.

I think a little less of the holier than thou and slightly more research is called for before jumping to unfounded conclusions and criticism of other peoples motives and decisions please.

As for a good many alternatives, please share. I think there are about a handful maximum of CP rated tyres but am more than ready to be educated.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back