Data only Sim for Spain advice please (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Yo all been using Tiekom for a couple of years now but their recent policy change makes them expensive. Basically looking for a data only sim for use solely in Spain preferably one that can be purchased in the U.K. and stopped and started as required anyone know of such a beastie🤪 We are off to Spain in August so I need to get my finger out.😱 Just to add 100-150 gb would be ideal👍

Jun 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Apache Hi Line 634
Used Popit Mobile in Spain - £25 per month on a rolling contract - 100gb and worked well for us.

Purchase in the UK and set up before you travel.

daveclare

Free Member
Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Europe & USA since April '21
We went to a Vodafone store and got 140gb for €20.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We went to a Vodafone store and got 140gb for €20.
So did I....and it has an advantage in that, the unused data gets rolled over for three months...good coverage in Spain too...limited to fair use policy of 19gb outside Spain...therefore handy whilst in France or Portugal...

Jul 13, 2017
Buncrana, County Donegal, Ireland
Funster No
MH
Carado
Exp
Since 2015
Yo all been using Tiekom for a couple of years now but their recent policy change makes them expensive. Basically looking for a data only sim for use solely in Spain preferably one that can be purchased in the U.K. and stopped and started as required anyone know of such a beastie🤪 We are off to Spain in August so I need to get my finger out.😱 Just to add 100-150 gb would be ideal👍
Tiekom are back in business

daveclare

Free Member
Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
I take it you bought that in Spain?

It states on the Vodafone UK site that the PaYG SIMs don't include EU without paying for "Europe Roaming Extras" which is £7 for 3GB 😒

Edit:
Actually, just found that deal on Amazon but twice the price: https://amzn.to/3ObPqEd
Yes just walked into a vodafone shop. Actually Al n Val got it first. Then told us about it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

daveclare

Free Member
Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
It was for a month, no contact, as far as I can remember. We did renew it online once. Which was easy enough. You get a better deal walking into the stores. Where the managers have a little flexibility. When we got ours, Al got another 20gb thrown in.

Well he is a fine upstanding Yorkshire man you know ;)

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Vodafone. es not my favourite company but 20€ get you 140gb with roll over to next month of unusued gb...
Easy to follow app... don't select easy top up...they took 20€ each day at the end of last month... robbing gits....refusing to pay it back...but kept it in credit...as much as I tried, they refused....great signal for most of Spain...good for streaming...
Finally got New Android Phone and unlimited data for life as compensation...
Then I woke up...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back