Cuckoo! (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2017
New Forest
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autostratus
Exp
full timing since beginning 2017
We had our first one in New Forest on the 8th April?

Reactions: CWH

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Dont seem to get them in the midlands, well i have never heard them

When i went to France last year there was one in every place i stopped great to hear them

OP
OP
CWH

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
When they get settled in they can be seriously irritating - they NEVER stop, day and night, and they tend to be close to the house so they're really rather loud - enough to keep you awake.
Still, I'd rather hear them than not!

OP
OP
CWH

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Haven't seen any Woodpeckers here - Green is a very rare vagrant, recorded in 2013; Great Spotted is a rare breeding resident. Used to have 'em all as garden birds in Cornwall.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Woodpeckers going at it like jackhammers, Cuckoo's usually late April
Yip, one of them has been rattling away at a tree here every morning around 05:30-06:00 when I'm out with the dug!
You should see the quizzical look on his face (no! the dug not the woodpecker:rolleyes:) as he searches the trees to see what the heck is happening.
Our summer resident cuckoos have not returned from their winter break as yet. Wonder if they've been caught by one of the travel bans in place?:unsure::giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 31, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
CI Cipro 85
Exp
im a newbie
Woodpeckers yes, cuckoo not heard one for at least 15 years in this country. Heard them in France 2009.

OP
OP
CWH

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Whats your location ? We are waiting for ours to appear but no sign yet
Isle of Skye, Otter Spotter. (No I'm not here escaping CV, this is my home address.)
Just checked your profile, I see you're in Todmorden - I used to work in Todmorden College! - I sometimes can't believe how small this world is! :smiley:

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Isle of Skye, Otter Spotter. (No I'm not here escaping CV, this is my home address.)
Just checked your profile, I see you're in Todmorden - I used to work in Todmorden College! - I sometimes can't believe how small this world is! :smiley:
And getting smaller, I was on Skye year before last and intend to visit on my grand tour after retirement which has been put back due to lockdown, might as well be paid to sit at home all day as draw from my pension ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Just been told by my wife who gas come back from her walk that farmer near us expects the cuckoos at the end of April. Green and great spotted woodies arrived a couple of weeks ago

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back