Coast to Coast (1 Viewer)

Nov 19, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo
Hiya, looking at walking the Coast to Coast next year but using the van instead of hotels. Appreciate it may be a bit of a faff but looking for a rough itinerary

Anyone done it recently ?

Cheers

Ian

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I think it'll take a lot of planning but that's all part of the fun.
I also think you'll end up walking a lot further, to get to each connecting point.
Will an assistant move the van along the route? If not, you'll need some form of public transport to link back.
The best method, in my mind, is to back-pack. That way you're free to stop/start when you feel like it. Some days will go better than others and constraints can get frustrating.
I hope you enjoy it.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I would have thought it would be better to have someone to drive the M/H, the others backpack and arrange to meet up every couple of days with the possibility to change drivers if the driver also wanted to walk and give the everyone a chance explore any towns etc. along the route/shopping for food etc.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
From where to where might be useful if looking for tips

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I'm presuming they mean Wainwrights?
I presumed he meant LeJog, that’s why I asked the question as we might all presume they mean one thing when they actually mean another, would help get the answer they’re looking for quicker

Feb 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fiat PVC
Exp
Since 1995
We’re done the southern upland way and hadrian‘s wall with our camper, plus in this country St Cuthbert's way .
usually we walk both ways as that’s easy.
we have also used local bus routes to complete the route.
We tend to find places en-route walking that we could spend the night.
Plus have P4N in place.
If using public transport, tend to use it to go to a place then walk back to the van, as this stops have ing to adhere to a timetable.

OP
OP
steakandkidneypiez
Nov 19, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo
We’re done the southern upland way and hadrian‘s wall with our camper, plus in this country St Cuthbert's way .
usually we walk both ways as that’s easy.
we have also used local bus routes to complete the route.
We tend to find places en-route walking that we could spend the night.
Plus have P4N in place.
If using public transport, tend to use it to go to a place then walk back to the van, as this stops have ing to adhere to a timetable

OP
OP
steakandkidneypiez
Nov 19, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo
Hi again, to clarify it's the Wainwright St Bees to Robin Hoods Bay

Talking to a fella who rode it with his wife backing up in the van and read about a group way back who did it over a number of goes in their vans

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back