CMA Investigates Takeover of Independent Pet Practices (1 Viewer)

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Reading about this issue this morning and I see that the Competition and Markets Authority are looking in to the takeover of smaller independent practices by the bigger chains.

Apparently the number of independents in the UK has fallen from 90% to around 45%. This coincides with more and more customers paying way over the odds to look after their pets.

Might be worth checking out the CMA website as they are looking for contributions to the report from pet owners.

Nov 30, 2023
Weymouth, UK
Funster No
MH
DIY Transit
Exp
On first long trip
Reading about this issue this morning and I see that the Competition and Markets Authority are looking in to the takeover of smaller independent practices by the bigger chains.

Apparently the number of independents in the UK has fallen from 90% to around 45%. This coincides with more and more customers paying way over the odds to look after their pets.

Might be worth checking out the CMA website as they are looking for contributions to the report from pet owners.
My two local vets are both, now, owned by the same chain. Time actually with a vet works out at about £500 per hour. Someone is making a lot of money.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back