Christmas in Aberdovey (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Mar 10, 2021
West Midlands, UK
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Hi All

Some friends have rented an AirB&B over Christmas in Aberdovey and have suggested I pay them a visit with the Motorhome
However I am finding it difficult to find somewhere to stay overnight.
There is parking but:

Motor homes

Motor homes can park at any one of Gwynedd Council’s car parks. However, overnight camping is not allowed.

Tried S4S etc but having no luck.
I was wondering if any funsters who live close to the area might have some suggestions
Thanks in advance

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
There is a cl in an old quarry about 3 miles away called Nyth Robin.
It’s not very picturesque but might be your only option

OP
OP
Cassidyuk
Mar 10, 2021
West Midlands, UK
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Thanks guys but as it's Christmas the idea was to stay near the centre or somewhere walkable

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
May hove to consider staying over the boader in powys actively welcome wildcamping does the Airbnb not have a driveway .I meet family often when they book cottages/houses but they dint use Airbnb and always ask the owner

OP
OP
Cassidyuk
Mar 10, 2021
West Midlands, UK
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
May hove to consider staying over the boader in powys actively welcome wildcamping does the Airbnb not have a driveway .I meet family often when they book cottages/houses but they dint use Airbnb and always ask the owner
Unfortunately theres only a small driveway and they asked the owner about parking in town and hes says there are plently but you cant stay overnight not sure how rigid they will be over Christmas but I dont want to take the chance

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Bot far away but overnight in Aberystwyth on the seefront fron £7.00 for 24 hours free after 6pm until 08am and they are very relaxed but wardens will book you if you don't pay your parking , there is also free parking on the prom.andvthe church does it for £4.00 per night don't know if they do it in winter , Christmas is there busy time .🎅

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
Hil's family live in Machynlleth (they run the winner of the best Chippie in Wales) and we always struggle to find a site in the winter.

We have stayed at Nyth Robin before, by special arrangement, when it has been closed - (might be worth a 'phone call).

The best we have found (slightly further away but an excellent site) is The Meadows CL, Awel Y Ddol, Bryncrug, Tywyn LL36 9PR

Incidently Nyth Robin holds the record as the only site I have EVER got stuck on! 6 wheel FIAT Hymer with a Burgman 400 on the trailer lost all grip on the solid slate climb to the upper site. Fortunately BIL had a Tirfor winch and got there quickly and there was a tree in just the right place for the strop (not the one the wife had!)..

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
Two carparks in Machynlleth where overnight parking is permitted, I've never used them overnight but have in the day. Thanks to Powys council for their enlightened view of motor homes parking overnight.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back