Chicken livers (1 Viewer)

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
Super cheap meal that is easy to prepare and tastes great. We don't bother with the bacon :-

20240414_122333.jpg

Apr 25, 2023
Furness, UK
Funster No
MH
Between M'home :-(
Exp
Since the late 80's
Can't seem to find Lambs kidneys in the UK these days - never mind Europe.
Steve - Asda do Lamb, Beef and Chicken Kidneys ... and I think Pork. I buy them for the dog.

I'll eat occasionally, but only when I'm in the mood for Pate. I LOVE Chicken liver Pate with lots of Garlic.

Best Chicken Kidneys I ever ate was from a kiosk type restaurant in Bulgaria - just off the Prom, Prom, Prom. Wasn't expecting much from this hairy, beer-bellied, fag-smoking scruffy disinterested guy - but we were hungry. Turns out, he cooked the best meal we had there and many other finer dining places around the world! GORGEous.
There were loads of these kiosks selling all kinds of foods, and not an oily teenager flipping, burnt-fat-stinkin' stale burgers with that offensive old grease smell at all. WHY do we insist that burgers are fine fair when it comes to our tourist spots?

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
A company I worked for started inviting us Service Engineers along to their yearly sales conferences as a "Team Building" exercise.
Some of us pigged out on the free bar after the conference and the next morning at breakfast, I was struggling to eat a miserable bowl of Rice Krispies when a Tee Total sales rep joined us at our table. He had a big plate of unidentified goods for his breakfast. My mate looked at him and asked what he was eating ? "Devilled kidneys" came the reply and I said "Yeah, and I think two of them are mine !" :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 4, 2019
Exeter
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since February 2019
At a restaurant in Domme and saw Duck Slivers as a nice starter. Wrong! It was Duck's Livers and they were raw - just warmed through and served with salad. Not a great start to the meal! I realise France isn't Spain but not told the story before..... Feel better now!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back