Chausson Flash 04 Charging (1 Viewer)

Andy Allen

Free Member
Sep 21, 2022
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 04 To
I own a 2008 Chausson Flash 04 Top and I have a problem with the habitation battery charging circuit.

Currently installed I have the following:-
CBE Control Panel - PC-150TR
CBE Distribution Box DS-300TR
CBE Battery Charger CB516

The control panel seems to be working ok, however when I am plugged in to 230 Volt hook up there is no habitation battery charging taking place.
When not connected to 230 Volt hook up none of the habitation lights, water pump etc are working, even if the habitation battery is fully charged.
If the engine is running then the habitation battery is being charged, also the fridge works from the main battery when selected to battery on the 3 way selector (Mains, gas, battery).

I was looking at replacing the parts above with:-
CBE Control Panel CBE PC-210
CBE Distribution Box DS-300
CB516 Switching battery charger (same as current installation).

With this in mind my question is:-
The control panel and distribution panel part numbers end with TR. I have found from the manufacturer (CBE) that they do not know what the TR means as these parts are modified by Trigano and installed into Chaussons. I have tried to contact Trigano for these parts but they respond to nothing.
Does anyone know if it is possible to replace the existing Distribution Box DS-300TR with a standard Distribution Box DS-300, at the same time as replacing the existing Control Panel - PC-150TR with a more up to date and higher spec standard CBE PC210, again without the TR in the part number?
Any info would be welcome as Chausson and Trigano are beyond useless in their lack of response, even if you want to give them money to buy their products.

Thanks.

Jul 18, 2020
Stalybridge, UK
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2019
I own a 2008 Chausson Flash 04 Top and I have a problem with the habitation battery charging circuit.

Currently installed I have the following:-
CBE Control Panel - PC-150TR
CBE Distribution Box DS-300TR
CBE Battery Charger CB516

The control panel seems to be working ok, however when I am plugged in to 230 Volt hook up there is no habitation battery charging taking place.
When not connected to 230 Volt hook up none of the habitation lights, water pump etc are working, even if the habitation battery is fully charged.
If the engine is running then the habitation battery is being charged, also the fridge works from the main battery when selected to battery on the 3 way selector (Mains, gas, battery).

I was looking at replacing the parts above with:-
CBE Control Panel CBE PC-210
CBE Distribution Box DS-300
CB516 Switching battery charger (same as current installation).

With this in mind my question is:-
The control panel and distribution panel part numbers end with TR. I have found from the manufacturer (CBE) that they do not know what the TR means as these parts are modified by Trigano and installed into Chaussons. I have tried to contact Trigano for these parts but they respond to nothing.
Does anyone know if it is possible to replace the existing Distribution Box DS-300TR with a standard Distribution Box DS-300, at the same time as replacing the existing Control Panel - PC-150TR with a more up to date and higher spec standard CBE PC210, again without the TR in the part number?
Any info would be welcome as Chausson and Trigano are beyond useless in their lack of response, even if you want to give them money to buy their products.

Thanks.
I have a Flash 10, so perhaps not exactly the same as the 04 but hopefully close enough.
Have you tried the fuses, 5amp and 50amp in the two 'boite securite' boxes ? One sounds to be ok, ie power to fridge and charging when engine output through alternator, but second 'boite' links all hab gear through control panel. I had a 5a fuse fail in this and the results sounded very similar to your issue.

Good luck.

Oct 25, 2014
N.E . Scotland
Funster No
MH
Chausson 717 GA
Exp
Since 2015
Hi
I recently changed a faulty DS box ,initially I was told the DS300 boxes were the same but on receiving the box the plug connections were set up different , and I ended up putting it back and ordering the DS300 TR from chausson which was the same layout.
Iam sure if you had the Chausson habitation wiring diagram you could make it all work by doing the necessary wiring alterations as the box comes with all the necessary plugs etc ,not for the faint hearted tho .
The Chausson part was about £170 dearer than the generic Ds300 box without the TR

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back