Ceramic toilet option - is it worth the upgrade? (1 Viewer)

Jan 13, 2008
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 2008
We are looking at replacing our van and one of the option upgrades available is to have a ceramic toilet.

We have been lucky enough to have always had a ceramic toilet in all 3 of the motorhomes we’ve had so I’ve no idea of the drawbacks of having a plastic loo.

Any help & advice much appreciated.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
We had ours a couple of years before I realised what I thought was ceramic was plastic 🤔🙄👍

In my defence it is shaped like a traditional loo :whistle2:

IMG_1163.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 1
Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
We are looking at replacing our van and one of the option upgrades available is to have a ceramic toilet.

We have been lucky enough to have always had a ceramic toilet in all 3 of the motorhomes we’ve had so I’ve no idea of the drawbacks of having a plastic loo.

Any help & advice much appreciated.
I have fitted the ceramic bowl liner and it's been great, I would definitely tick the box for the upgrade toilet if I had that option

Upvote 1
Jun 11, 2011
Derby
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840 SE
Exp
Ive had both, ceramic is better but unfortunately it was a vacuum type and and made far too much noise and if the vacuum side had the tiniest of leaks (air) it would recharge which again was noisy and could be anytime of the night or day, shame really as it was as comfy as the throne at home :giggle:
Also had a circuit board which failed, now that cost a s💩💩t load of money to put right :giggle:

Upvote 0

Reevsie

Free Member
Mar 1, 2015
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Frankia 840GD
Exp
Since 2015
I have always had plastic ones in my previous vans. This one came with a ceramic one and it is much easier to keep clean. Would I be bothered if my next van had a plastic bowl. No. its nice to have but I would spend my money on a more useful upgrade.

Upvote 0
Jun 3, 2018
Funster No
Every time you clean it(or the OH),polish with mr sheen afterwards, acts like ceramic for a couple o days at least.

Upvote 0

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
We have a ceramic , our first... no going back now.... but to be fair, depends on the cost of the upgrade? if you can afford it, have every upgrade you can think of

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back