CCC using services only... (1 Viewer)

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Didn't realise some sites offered this. Seems a reasonable deal for 3 hours. Dump toilet, Dump grey, top up water, have a shower.... Got to be a member of course.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Didn't realise some sites offered this. Seems a reasonable deal for 3 hours. Dump toilet, Dump grey, top up water, have a shower.... Got to be a member of course.

This is the main reason I keep up my membership with CCC - you will see a link in my signature showing a map of all the locations offering this and some non CCC sites as well

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
The temporary holiday sites THS by the CCC are also a useful resource, if passing / nearby you could do a one night stop the empty /fill before leaving. If you just needed a service stop I am sure the rally marshal would allow it if you were members.

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017

Just a note...

I was talking to a warden at the Delamere site recently and this service is available at the listed sites ONLY if there are pitches available, so if you turn up and they are full expect to be turned away.

Cheers
Red.

OP
OP
VXman
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Just a note...

I was talking to a warden at the Delamere site recently and this service is available at the listed sites ONLY if there are pitches available, so if you turn up and they are full expect to be turned away.

Cheers
Red.

Seems odd to insist a pitch is available if you don't need to use a pitch?

This doesn't seem to suggest that a pitch needs to be availiable

This service is available for members who need to use the on-site facilities without a pitch booking and can be subject to unexpected operational issues on the day – so please call ahead to be certain of access.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 7, 2023
Bath, UK
Funster No
MH
Fleurette Wincester
Exp
Since Jan 2023

This service is available for members who need to use the on-site facilities without a pitch booking and can be subject to unexpected operational issues on the day – so please call ahead to be certain of access.
I would imagine you would take up a pitch for the duration, otherwise where would you go for 3 hours?

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017

Just reporting what I was told by a warden.

Their last comment, "please call ahead to be certain of access" says it all really.

daventess give the exact reason that the warden gave to me.

Cheers
Red.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977

They have to park somewhere

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
I would imagine you would take up a pitch for the duration, otherwise where would you go for 3 hours?
Yeah you would need to be out of the way to use the showers, washing machine etc.

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
I gave up being a member as this service was 'not available here' twice when l wanted to use it.
One site was in the Glencoe area but forgot the other. :unsure:
My understanding was that you should have been able to park in their service area.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2016
I gave up being a member as this service was 'not available here' twice when l wanted to use it.
One site was in the Glencoe area but forgot the other. :unsure:
My understanding was that you should have been able to park in their service area.
They don't have service areas as such and if they did you'd piss everyone off parking in it for 3 hours while you washed your smalls😀

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017

It wouldn't be practical to park in the service area for "up to 3hrs", what if other vehicles turned up wanting to avail themselves of the services.

Cheers
Red.

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
It's not cheap, some CLs are £10 a night, I've never tried but a think a good number would provide this service for less. Don't expect a drive over dump points though

OP
OP
VXman
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
They have to park somewhere
You drive in, go to water tap - fill, go to grey - dump, go to black waste - empty. You don't need to park in a pitch. Most sites you need to move to fill up water/empty grey. The only issue is if it was a small site and too many visited at the same time. Probably a rare occurrence.

OP
OP
VXman
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
It's not cheap, some CLs are £10 a night, I've never tried but a think a good number would provide this service for less. Don't expect a drive over dump points though

I think £10 a night CLs that provides water, black and grey are rare. In fact £10 CL's are rare! Many Campra sites are £15 plus with no facilities. If I can wild camp for free or pay £5 to park in a car park then paying £7.50 every 3 days to use facilities makes a cheap holiday overall.

OP
OP
VXman
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
It wouldn't be practical to park in the service area for "up to 3hrs", what if other vehicles turned up wanting to avail themselves of the services.

Cheers
Red.

You don't need 3 hours to empty and fill.

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
You don't need 3 hours to empty and fill.
I know, but if you read the link that you posted up in your first post.

Feel free to turn up unannounced, or heed my warning, and the CCC literature, it matters not to me.

Cheers
Red.

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
You drive in, go to water tap - fill, go to grey - dump, go to black waste - empty. You don't need to park in a pitch. Most sites you need to move to fill up water/empty grey. The only issue is if it was a small site and too many visited at the same time. Probably a rare occurrence.
What about if you want to shower, as some sites offer?

OP
OP
VXman
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
What about if you want to shower, as some sites offer?

Yes, of course that would make a difference (not 3 hours though - that's one long shower) however I'm not to bothered about that side of it. I guess the site managers could use common sense and take the current situation/space in to account at the time.

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
I think £10 a night CLs that provides water, black and grey are rare. In fact £10 CL's are rare! Many Campra sites are £15 plus with no facilities. If I can wild camp for free or pay £5 to park in a car park then paying £7.50 every 3 days to use facilities makes a cheap holiday overall.
We have stayed at a number of CLs at £10 - £14 offering those facilities. Only “ snag” is that usually grey is into the hedge. No problem if staying but doubt owner would want someone who was not staying emptying a whole tank of grey.

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
At least the CCC offers facilities to members who are not staying. The CAMC believes anyone wanting to do that is some sort of pariah. I understand that the ccc facilities includes use of the laundary, with a charge I assume. So then you would need your three hours. I am sure that if someone phoned and said they just wanted to dump and fill then if the site was full it wouldn’t matter.

Sep 20, 2015
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 79R
Exp
since 2014
I think this is a rip-off, it should be for free particularly if you are a member. In many European countries motorway service provide this service for free. Also many towns and villages also provide this service free!

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
not 3 hours though - that's one long shower)
Yes indeed but not if you also waiting for your smalls to come out washing machine and tumble dryer..
Also appreciate you not too bothered about that side of things....BUT others may be....

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2016
I think this is a rip-off, it should be for free particularly if you are a member. In many European countries motorway service provide this service for free. Also many towns and villages also provide this service free!
Never seen a free one on motorway and why should it be free. Would you want all of us coming round yours to fill and empty our tanks especially if you are on a septic tank like a lot of remote sites are?

Sep 20, 2015
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 79R
Exp
since 2014
Never seen a free one on motorway and why should it be free. Would you want all of us coming round yours to fill and empty our tanks especially if you are on a septic tank like a lot of remote sites are?
Italy and Slovenia just to name two countries and they are free.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back