Cbe ds300 picking up 12 v feed (1 Viewer)

Jun 25, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Joined 2014
Can I use b2+ and - posts and add an inline fuse to switch to socket for exterior submersible pump

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I added my own little fuse box to run wires to additional 12 volt Hella sockets for external submersible pump, Hella fan sockets and Hella sockets for charging phones, watches, iPads etc with a bus bar for the negative earths for the same 12 volt sockets. The bus bar and fuse box were wired to the batteries although the earth went via the shunt.

VanBitz avoided disturbing anything CBE related so I adopted the same policy and steered well clear of the CBE fuse box and Control Panel.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
I don’t see why not. The B2+ post is a connection to the leisure battery and the - post a connection to the common negative. Suitably fused it would not interfere with the CBE DS300, it would simply be sharing the supply to it.

OP
OP
K
Jun 25, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Joined 2014
I don’t see why not. The B2+ post is a connection to the leisure battery and the - post a connection to the common negative. Suitably fused it would not interfere with the CBE DS300, it would simply be sharing the supply to it.
On thinking further the only problem it would be permanently live, need to find a 12v that is switched on by the control panel, any ideas ?

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
On thinking further the only problem it would be permanently live, need to find a 12v that is switched on by the control panel, any ideas ?
Perhaps you could pick up the wire going to the internal pump? Alternatively add a normally open relay to the supply coming from B2+ and trigger it from one of the supplies that are switched by the control panel, this would avoid overloading an existing fused circuit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
Why? Most people leave the control panel permantly switched on as switching them off they often don't restart.
I turn my CBE panel off every time I leave the motorhome in storage. I also turn off the battery isolator fitted by Carthago. This cuts the leisure battery drain down completely. I have never had any problems switching it back on. My understanding is the panel can lock out if the battery voltage drops below about 10V but that switching it off avoids this, of course I could be wrong. I am pretty sure the Carthago manual suggests switching it all off.

Apr 9, 2022
Funster No
MH
Cathargo
Exp
I turn my CBE panel off every time I leave the motorhome in storage. I also turn off the battery isolator fitted by Carthago. This cuts the leisure battery drain down completely. I have never had any problems switching it back on. My understanding is the panel can lock out if the battery voltage drops below about 10V but that switching it off avoids this, of course I could be wrong. I am pretty sure the Carthago manual suggests switching it all off.
My panel is on 24hrs when we're on board and turned off when the van is left after a trip or for electrical fiddling, so far no problem with the panel, the isolator switch is on permanently for monitoring - but only three years. Carthago say:

"If the vehicle is not going to be used for more than 14 days, move the main battery switch to "0".

I do think CBE QC is poor, there seem to be batches of differing faults getting through at different times, but have had no problem from a customer support perspective working through the original dealer Camper UK and Reliance.

My wish is the manual contained some wiring plans, and better descriptions of fuse locations etc. Would be nice if Dealers could "reset" the panel firmware as well.

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
I find my CBE switch pannel next to pointless. The only good thing it does is switch off the pump. The displays are next to pointless it only has leds no digital meters and the water meters are missleading. On this basis there is no need to connect anything to the control panel, i have an additional fusebox at front next to battery and an additional fusebox at rear connected to CBE 300 as mentioned.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back