Can you tell if Adblue. DPF, EGR have been mapped out (1 Viewer)

Mar 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
VW T5
Hi.
When purchasing a 2nd hand vehicle is there any way of determining if the above have been mapped out?
Happy to buy an odb reader if needed.

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Very tricky but you could read the . bin file and compare it to a known standard file to see if the checksum or map has been revised. Needs hardware and software which is going to start getting ££

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
If its a ducato you can use Multiecuscan to check certain functions. eg egr actual positions if mapped out will always be zero. (it was on one ive seen, confused me initialy) DPF temperatures will not be normal if straight thru. Ad Blu values will not be as std.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
It’s a funny thing as a while ago I was talking to a friend who works for a large main dealer, and he told me if the have problems with adblue systems (happened quite often) they would get a company in to do a delete until parts could be sorced then reinstated once parts arrived.

Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
It’s a funny thing as a while ago I was talking to a friend who works for a large main dealer, and he told me if the have problems with adblue systems (happened quite often) they would get a company in to do a delete until parts could be sorced then reinstated once parts arrived.
A very expensive temporary solution.
A good many just delete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
Want to ensure that they are not deleted, if i am driving an illegal vehicle want it to be my choice
Maybe the easiest way is to say you're very interested,but are a bit concerned about the unreliability of the adblue system...surely anyone who has had it deleted would say so rather than lose a sale !(and would have kept the receipt incase of later problems)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back