Cam belt or Chain (2 Viewers)

Pomemm

Free Member
Feb 19, 2023
Funster No
MH
ELDDIS ACCORDO 135
Having purchased 2017 elddis accordo 135 motorhome I asked the dealer to change cambelt as it is over 5 years old. He informed me it is chain driven and doesn't need to be changed
I have trawled the internet and can't find anything to confirm this.
Engine is Peugeot 2.0 130bhp.
Can anyone tell me if is belt or chain.

Many Thanks
Brian

Jul 26, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
since 1999
I would think your engine is the 2.3 130bhp with cambelt!!
As far as i know the only engine in this range with a cam chain is the 3ltr..

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
It maybe the Ford Puma engine which does have a chain,how to tell šŸ‘

Feb 19, 2023
Leyland, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Excel 690L
Exp
Since August 2022
Itā€™s time to make a contribution to this excellent forum.
Just been through this timing belt dilemma but have found the definitive answer, or so I hope. I was looking for quotes for this job but then someone looked my reg up on Haynes Pro which stated 10 years before belt due for replacement or from memory at 75,000 miles whichever came first. I wanted a second opinion and tried dealer who havenā€™t come back to me.
The answer can be found by registering with the My Peugeot app using your VIN number and then selecting service schedule. This confirmed that mine is due for timing belt and waterpump at 10 years.
I relaxed at this news and just invested in 4 new tyres as all were 5 years old and showing cracks even though less than 10,000 miles.

Hope this helps !

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
10 years sounds a bit risky. The timing belt may become brittle because the MH has spent most of its life not moving and engine not running.

75,000 miles on the other hand might be only 2 or 3 years for a commercial van therefore replacement will be due much sooner.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
Itā€™s time to make a contribution to this excellent forum.
Just been through this timing belt dilemma but have found the definitive answer, or so I hope. I was looking for quotes for this job but then someone looked my reg up on Haynes Pro which stated 10 years before belt due for replacement or from memory at 75,000 miles whichever came first. I wanted a second opinion and tried dealer who havenā€™t come back to me.
The answer can be found by registering with the My Peugeot app using your VIN number and then selecting service schedule. This confirmed that mine is due for timing belt and waterpump at 10 years.
I relaxed at this news and just invested in 4 new tyres as all were 5 years old and showing cracks even though less than 10,000 miles.

Hope this helps !
I was told the same for my Peugeot boxer 2 litre HDI blue whatever else it says šŸ˜‚
10 years change interval.

OP
OP
P

Pomemm

Free Member
Feb 19, 2023
Funster No
MH
ELDDIS ACCORDO 135
Thanks for all the replies.
It's'a 2.0ltr hdi blue engine 7800 miles. I got the my Peugeot app and as Peterd82 says it is 10year change. Will be having words with dealer tomorrow and asking for a copy of where he says it's a chain.
Had a look under the bonnet, no engine info there.

Many Thanks

Brian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back