Cadac Pizza Stone????? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Anyone use one of these & had good results? We've got the paella pan for our Cadac & use it for all sorts & was wondering if i'd be able to cook a pizza in it but see that the Pizza Stones are only £10.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I bought one for a tenner from go Outdoors.
Seen them before for about 17 and didn't bother, thought it too much, but for a tenner I'll give it a go.
Not used it yet, been too hot to cook anything 🥵

May 1, 2015
Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
Rapido C86 Auto
Exp
Since 2014
Cook pizza on our carri chef without any problems . Tried various methods and cremated a few pizzas on the way.
Found a method that works for us - fit the ribbed cooking plate ,with the defuser underneath, can't remember what it's called. Place pizza stone on top. Lid on and lowest heat setting until temp guage reaches about 150°. Place pizza directly on stone , replace lid , leave at same heat setting and cook for 10 minutes.
Perfect pizza every time

Patrick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Bought a cadac :rofl: :doh: that had one included, burnt one pizza on it then it cracked and fell into two pieces.
As good as anything to do with cadacs.
Hello Chaser. I have Two cadacs. One mini chef, and one that was my dads and is over 50 years old and still going strong. I find them very good but I’ll bet the newest one won’t last for 50 years.
Phil

daveclare

Free Member
Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Europe & USA since April '21
We got one from Lidl which fits in the larger Cadac and have used it for pizzas, flatbread and Flammekuechen. If you keep an eye on it, it works well.

We get it up to 250c before putting stuff on it and it takes no time at all. We defrost anything frozen first.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
As others have said, use the ribbed cooking surface plate (smooth side up), that ensures it's even heat all the way around, it's when the heat is localised in one spot that they can crack. To be honest we've even used our cadac pizza stone (and cooking plate) on a charcoal BBQ and a gas BBQ with very much the same results so long as you can cover the pizza with the BBQ lid.
Important point is to use semolina flour to stop the pizza sticking and rotate the pizza every now and again. We tried 'normal' flour but find it burns more than semolina.
Don't try and cook from frozen as that can crack the stone. We usually buy a big standard pizza and add whatever we have left over, bits of chicken, peppers, tomatoes, chorizo, olives - tip is don't throw away those bits of leftovers - add them to your pizza topping!

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
thanks for all the tips, especially those that say to cook on top of the ribbed cooking plate - wouldn't have done that would have just put ir on the flames & perhaps that's why so many people complain of stone cracking? resisted spending money on a cadac for nearly 10 years but bought one this year & so far have found it to be excellent! Now selling our old cadac 2 ring/2plate cooker as no longer need :giggle:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Cook pizza on our carri chef without any problems . Tried various methods and cremated a few pizzas on the way.
Found a method that works for us - fit the ribbed cooking plate ,with the defuser underneath, can't remember what it's called. Place pizza stone on top. Lid on and lowest heat setting until temp guage reaches about 150°. Place pizza directly on stone , replace lid , leave at same heat setting and cook for 10 minutes.
Perfect pizza every time

Patrick
Similar to us - the ribbed plate is essential and gives better results than the plancha. Pizza stone in Cold Cadac, then we heat up on high setting until pretty hot; lob the pizza on (semolina flour on stone to stop sticking) - we use a pizza peel - lid on and turn it down to low. bottom crispy and not soggy and top done ok. Had the stone for 4 years and works really well. Now nicely seasoned.

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
I haven't used my Cadac for years but watched a guy on site this weekend using his every day for all of his cooking. The smell of his bacon in the mornings drove me insane with jealously :giggle: at night he cooked up steaks and burgers. I bought a couple of steaks from Lidl but it was just too hot to cook them in the van so I stuck them in the freezer and brought them home. He made me think about packing the Cadac in the future and thanks to this thread (y)

Gina

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I haven't used my Cadac for years but watched a guy on site this weekend using his every day for all of his cooking. The smell of his bacon in the mornings drove me insane with jealously :giggle: at night he cooked up steaks and burgers. I bought a couple of steaks from Lidl but it was just too hot to cook them in the van so I stuck them in the freezer and brought them home. He made me think about packing the Cadac in the future and thanks to this thread (y)

Gina
Yes, we use the cadac a lot. The flat Plancha surface plate is superb for making brilliant toast very quickly

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
A couple of pieces of cheese on toast under your grill knocks any pizza to cocked hats.
You have a grill that actually does something? We have the infamous Tech Tower; the grill and "oven" are both useless, so whenever on hookup we take the Ninja

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
haven't got a grill or an oven !
No I haven't either, first van without.
Got a pizza stone for my christmas, didn't know i wanted one 😂 Tried it out for the first time last week, found it better on slightly lower heat, so no burning base. Will be great for when with the grandkids as i can do dairy free/vegan home made ones for the boys.
Tempted to use a non stick oven liner under the pizza, but i like my base crispy. Forgot how versatile it is too, and allowed on some places where charcoal are not.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
You have a grill that actually does something? We have the infamous Tech Tower; the grill and "oven" are both useless, so whenever on hookup we take the Ninja
Agree the grill is useless in a TecTower but our oven works a treat. One trick I found was to lubricate the door hinges with ceramic grease it makes sure the door full closes.

I don't get this pizza stone thing I couldn't be bothered to make pizza dough in a Motorhome.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We have an oven and grill that came out ov a thirty year old caravan, works perfectly.
IMG_20220322_184937506_HDR.jpg

Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
Cadac stone broke into 4 in my garage. I've bought a smaller one with a metal back which I hope will survive better

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Perfect pizza every time

Patrick
is the ribbed cooking plate the same as the one in the picture below - ribbed on top and has some sort of metal bit below?

Attachments

• 20220720_185730.jpg
    20220720_185730.jpg
    527.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 20220720_185738.jpg
    20220720_185738.jpg
    470 KB · Views: 20

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!