Bristol Balloon Fiesta 2015, advice sought (1 Viewer)

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
:D:):LOL:(y):clap2::welc::welc:
How did you book/arrange this please. Sounds really good for me with not walking well
Hi there dippingatoe, A geat FREE meet not really any booking to do or organising,if you're a member of MCC,or C&CC just turn up,fields are fairly close to main event,a few hundred yards walk,literally,i've got mobility walking problems but i manage fine,and at just ÂŁ10-ish a night-magic fantastic displays especially if your an early
rise,we were up at 5.30am this year,watched 123 ballons ascend,amazing well worth getting up for always held on the weekend around 9th-12thAUG
pencil it in to your diary for 2015 there were quite a few of us funsters there this year.gwyntaxi.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
How did you book/arrange this please. Sounds really good for me with not walking well
hi there,just contact the Avon section of the CC.they have their own website.all the details are on there.(y)
brian and jo

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Another here who went with the MCC. With both water and waste tanks empty, I only just managed to drive up the grassy exit slope, after taking a good run at it.
When the weather is fine, it's a smashing venue and the morning take offs are great to watch.

Sometimes, they can get a bit close.
clear.png

Cheers,

Jock.
100_0777.JPG
100_0780.JPG
100_0824.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Where the mcc are is fine if the weather is good they have had to pull motorhomes out in the past. Anyone with mobility problems are best up on top field :)

I've been there once a few years ago, took my son and met up with my parents in the bottom field who were on a Compass & Herald Owners Club rally. Had a great time but it turned into a swamp, tractor tow required to exit! :)

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I've been a few times and stayed at the rugby club. it's across the golf course at the top of the hill so not for the faint of limb but it is comfy and the club house does brekky.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
UPDATE : As many of you know we have been attending this event for a number of years . I did speak with the farmer last year regarding Fun and a rally there . He asked me to talk to him nearer the time. I have now spoken to the farmer this afternoon 3/2.2015, he does not want to have another rally group as he feels he already fills the field himself with paying campers, however he said that if people come early say the Wednesday they should be able to get to the top of the field by the road .. Due to the fact our daughter and her mobilty problems we have to be as close as possible to the event . We had always been with the mcc group but when they moved to the bottom field it just was not suitable for us. So we have been going in the general camping section . This is what we have done every year and not had a problem yes you are in with the general public section but again we have not had a problem . He does charge slightly more than MCC but in our case it is worth it . If enough of us turn up early we more or less should be together any way :)
The post code is BS41 9LU and is very easy to get to you can go ontoLink Removed and see there rally for it and the directions kind regards Kate xxx

Reactions: GJH

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back