Boom arm table mod (Rapido 7090F) (1 Viewer)

Dunc

Free Member
Aug 11, 2017
Redcar
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 625
Exp
Fairly New
Hi

I found the same issue with our Chausson 625, the table just takes up so much space when the majority of the time we just require a small table for the beers. My solution was to purchase a smaller table for VW van conversions with a wall rail to anchor it too and a drop down single leg that pivots through 90 degrees. Is that the sort of thing you are looking Bengaz?

Works really and can be removed in seconds if not required!!

Bengaz

Free Member
May 3, 2015
south shields
Funster No
MH
Chausson 610 welcome
Exp
Hi

I found the same issue with our Chausson 625, the table just takes up so much space when the majority of the time we just require a small table for the beers. My solution was to purchase a smaller table for VW van conversions with a wall rail to anchor it too and a drop down single leg that pivots through 90 degrees. Is that the sort of thing you are looking Bengaz?

Aye, have you got a photo ta?
Mines a Chausson 601 and you right about the behemoth of a table!
I got a new think carpet made and put a 1mm steel plate over the hole it left and its transformed the motorhome.
I use a small lightweight square table at the moment but keep kicking the bstad and spilling wor lass's coffee:(

Nice bike, cant make it out properly is it a Gixxer? Did a few track days on an RC8R least year loved it.

Dunc

Free Member
Aug 11, 2017
Redcar
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 625
Exp
Fairly New
For now I will send you a copy of what I have and may get a photo in the weeks the van is in storage.
See link:
https://clearcutconversions.co.uk/product/600-x-600mm-table-rail-set-various-colours/
https://clearcutconversions.co.uk/product/table-kit/

I bought this as a kit around £70

For the record, the bike is a Fireblade SP in the RAF Reserves colours. I Love my trackdays and on my way to Jerez next Friday for 3 days of fun.

Do you get to Croft as I go at least once a year but find it a bit bumpy and not the most enjoyable track? At least its close to home!!!

RC8R nice bike with lots of torque!!!

Bengaz

Free Member
May 3, 2015
south shields
Funster No
MH
Chausson 610 welcome
Exp
Hi

Cheers for that.
Had one of those in my camper van conversion. Great stuff but wouldn't fit mine as I have no wall.

Did croft 4 times in '16. Awful track but had great fun. Lads are still doing them but now got a new RSV4 and can't afford any possible damage so that stays on road for now

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1522732779169.jpg
    FB_IMG_1522732779169.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 6
Jun 18, 2013
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666F
Exp
Since 2015
I know it's quite a long time since you originally did this modification, @Techno , but did you find it necessary to strengthen the 'woodwork' to which you attached the brackets? I'm going to follow the same course as you, using the same type of bracket, on our 2016 Rapido 666F (thanks for the great write up of your modifications). I'm waiting for the brackets to arrive to determine what sizes of fixings they require but had assumed that it would be wise to strengthen the panels or at least use bolts with large washers on the other side, but it would be handy to know what you did. Having said that, I expect your 7 series vehicle probably has stronger panels than our 6 series!
TIA
Tony

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Hi Tony
I'm pretty sure one screwed into the gas locker wall and I don't recollect a problem with the other. They are both fixed below seat height so out of sight whatever needs to be done.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back