Bathroom door push button latch? (1 Viewer)

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
Our bathroom door has a double push button latch but also the vertical rod to secure. It’s a bit of a faff to secure and needs a new latch so was wondering what the purpose of the rod is?

I’m hoping I can just replace with a non rodded latch, has anyone done similar?

(Stock photos for reference)
IMG_7277.jpeg

IMG_7276.jpeg

IMG_7275.jpeg

Fontie

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 7, 2018
Milton Heights, Milton, Abingdon, UK
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL
Exp
Since 2018
I always had trouble getting my lock to work properly I would end up pushing the button half a dozen times before it would latch/unlatch even a new lock didn't cure it completely . In the end I got some small magnets from Amazon which I put top and bottom of the door, they hold the door shut when traveling, as its only ever my wife and I that uses the van we don't lock the door when using the bathroom. Works perfect for us. leave the original lock in situ and don't use it.

You can if you wanted just replace the main lock there is no need to replace the rods, the rods you have will go into the new lock. Like I said though a new lock didn't help in my case.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M-J

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
I always had trouble getting my lock to work properly I would end up pushing the button half a dozen times before it would latch/unlatch even a new lock didn't cure it completely . In the end I got some small magnets from Amazon which I put top and bottom of the door, they hold the door shut when traveling, as its only ever my wife and I that uses the van we don't lock the door when using the bathroom. Works perfect for us. leave the lock in situ and don't use it.

You can if you wanted just replace the main lock there is no need to replace the rods, the rods you have will go into the new lock. Like I said though a new lock didn't help in my case.

Thank you, that does sound very similar. I’ll need a new knob at least as the threads are gone one side and it falls off 😂

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I guess that a door sized opening, particularly one made out of thin and lightweight materials for a van, would probably vibrate and bounce about if it was only latched in the middle.

Reactions: M-J
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I have the same rod and latch arrangement on my b/room door. There's insufficient provision for adjustment so after pressing the button I have to lightly nudge the top of the door to free the upper catch.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: M-J

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back