Baltic coast of Germany and Poland taking in Rugen. (1 Viewer)

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Fancy a change from the usual France, Spain and Italy trips. Thinking of Baltic coast of Germany and Poland, a visit to Rugen and maybe Berlin. Probably August this year. Any advice or recommendations?

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Watch out for the Wild Boar, especially with young, in the forests of East Germany.
Fantastic area! 👍

Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
The Baltic coast is beautiful, plenty small camp sites but I don't think "wild" camping is allowed. Some fantastic roads and scenery. If you can try to drive the Transfagarasan pass.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Here is the link to our trip.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Tips
Credit cards not always accepted. This was before the days of Revolut, Starling etc with euro debit cards so I don’t know whether they would be ok instead. Most Stellplatz (aires) had coin machines so try and use notes and collect change at the beginning.
We loved it, had great weather and only booked a site for the Kiel festival and Pottsdam.
I believe the Stellplatz in Berlin is good but we were just interested in Pottsdam having been to Berlin before. We got a discount on the site there by booking it with CAMC. When we were in Berlin before, we took the train to Pottsdam but missed all that was there so this time we took a tour booked through the campsite.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Google Kieler Woche and select images to see what goes on but it is last week of June 22 - 30th.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If thecweathvis good a great area to visit, used to be quite a lot of small Stellaplatz in people's back gardens particularly on Usedome. V2 museme worth a visit.
And of course it wouldn't be Germany without loads of skinny dipping. 😊

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
We went last April-May, on the similar basis that it would be a change. And we soon realised why it's called the Baltic! We didn't go to Berlin.

Certainly some very attractive areas, but we were shocked by the prices of Stellplatze and sites - later I read an article in one of the German MH magazines which confirmed that it is one of the 2 dearest areas in Germany for MHs. We'd previously been only to S & central Germany in the van, and we did find it way dearer. I suspect it would be very busy in August?

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
We had a similar plan last time we were in Germany but the weather in the north went a bit damp so we headed south.
On the cards again this September route similar to Riverbankannie but in opposite direction.
Our plans tend to be a bit "fluid" at the best of times :rolleyes:
I book the first stop and have a couple of favorites for the last that are a shortish drive back to the ferry.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
We had a similar plan last time we were in Germany but the weather in the north went a bit damp so we headed south.
On the cards again this September route similar to Riverbankannie but in opposite direction.
Our plans tend to be a bit "fluid" at the best of times :rolleyes:
I book the first stop and have a couple of favorites for the last that are a shortish drive back to the ferry.

Maybe that is why you get the wet weather?:LOL:

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We visited the Baltic coast last year it was a good trip we largely stayed at marinas that also had motorhome parking

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I shall be following this thread, because having lived in southern Poland for 13 years I have never visited the Baltic coast.

Please post comparisons of facilities and wildcamping in comparison with France and Germany.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We visited the Nazi hotel at Prora on Rugen very impressive in scale mostly derelict some parts rebuilt. Liz doesn't enjoy war memorabilia so we didn't visit the V2 sites but I don't think there's a lot left. Overall it was a long way for not much! It depends if you're into WW2 stuff

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I shall be following this thread, because having lived in southern Poland for 13 years I have never visited the Baltic coast.

Please post comparisons of facilities and wildcamping in comparison with France and Germany.
I don’t think we did any wilding whilst there. Didn’t see any evidence of it either. Plenty of Stellplatz everywhere though and never very expensive from 3 euros (in 2016) ranging up to 10 euro in Lübeck but Sunday nights were free so we had 2 nights for 10 euro. All stellplatz had water and emptying facilities. Used ACSI on the campsites. Necessary to book ahead Kiel week, religious festival weekends from Thursday on, we came unstuck in Koblenz, no chance of getting on stellplatz or campsite and we found one other campsite on the Baltic coast full but they allowed parking on reception carpark and we got last space. The germans do like their motorhomes and they have to go somewhere when they are not in Spain for the winter. 🙂

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back