Rally Chat Balloon Fiesta Bristol (1 Viewer)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We are staying on the CAMC Rally, anyone else coming. ? Hopefully weather will take a turn for the better. Conditions have not been brilliant for flying for a few years. Last year too hot and balloons could not rise, its no good if raining and no good if too windy and no good if wind from north sending them towards airport.
85076492-02CC-47D9-B3E6-41AF628D7D92.jpeg

Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
Haven’t been for a several years since it turned into a corporate event. However, still impressive if the conditions are right. The early morning lifts seem to be the most reliable, ideal for those staying on site.

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Haven’t been for a several years since it turned into a corporate event. However, still impressive if the conditions are right. The early morning lifts seem to be the most reliable, ideal for those staying on site.
Exactly, used to go every year when kids little and take breakfast - no food outlets then. . Very few used to turn up that early.
Once it got big and so popular (which is great) we tried the rally about 6 years ago. It worked well as it was nice to be within reach of the city and the harbourside which we rarely visit and I used the twitter feed with the pilots briefing, to determine whether it was worth getting out of bed. They only went up on the Sunday morning!
Fireworks every night are good and I just like the buzz of the festival while still having my own retreat and chair and cup of tea.
Hopefully we will get a Red Arrows show too.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back