BAILEY AUTOGRAPH 75-4 (1 Viewer)

Apr 26, 2024
Funster No
MH
BAILEY AUTOGRAPH 75
First timers out in our first motorhome, cant get hot water or heating and some blue fluid around the base of the Alde 3020 Heater. Also filling the water tank water coming out despite firmly pushing the connector in.
Water around the top of the fresh tank. Leak outside bathroom (doesnt seem to be wet under sink so not from there). Any wise words?
Have rang dealer waiting for call back

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Is the drain valve for the heater closed? If so try opening it and closing it again in case there is some debris or gunge stopping it sealing
Water around the top of the fresh water tank might be a loose connection in the filler pipe.

First thing is not to panic, check everything methodically

How long since you bought it from the dealer? If recently it seems strange as I'm sure (would hope?) they would have done a test and handover to show it all working with no leaks?

Upvote 0

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
That's a disappointing start for you. How long have you had the motorhome. Assuming it is recent then the dealer is the one to sort it for you. Make sure you stay on top of them as many will wriggle especially if they think you are new to the game.

Hot water and heating problems. Is that on gas or hook up? It makes quite a difference.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J
Apr 26, 2024
Funster No
MH
BAILEY AUTOGRAPH 75
Is the drain valve for the heater closed? If so try opening it and closing it again in case there is some debris or gunge stopping it sealing
Water around the top of the fresh water tank might be a loose connection in the filler pipe.

First thing is not to panic, check everything methodically

How long since you bought it from the dealer? If recently it seems strange as I'm sure (would hope?) they would have done a test and handover to show it all working with no leaks?
The drain valve was closed, someone mentioned that to us this morning. Had error message at first overheat red fail but cleared that with the help of you tube had it on elec only but just did t seem to warm up.
Bought it in October but due to family this is the first time we have been able to use it.
Everything was empty when we had it ready to use 🫤
We did panic a little last night should have practiced or made ourselves more familiar with stuff before we came away. Site wardens fab lent us a heater, hammer for awning (not used it yet wasnt sure if we were going to go home) and a connector for the water pipe some classic first timer errors!

Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
do you have a 'crash' valve on the gas cylinders that needs resetting after driving? its s small green button on the valve assembly. do you have gas to the hob and fridge? there amy be a gas isolation assembly and you may need to turn all the valves on? as i said earlier, be methodical and start at one end and work your way to the other.

have you found your water pump?, there is usually a small filter near it with a plastic dome, ours has cracked previously, leaking water, but if you start at one end and work your way along, you might identify where the leak is and whats causing it. sometimes the pipework works itself loose on connections (it seems to be a common problem on Adrias, ask me how i know :(:(! - though i notice you have a Bailey!)

stick with it, its worth the teething problems. i always suggest camping on your drive for a night or two if you can ....before setting off for your first adventure ...... im sure when you wake up tomorrow - all will be well !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J
Apr 26, 2024
Funster No
MH
BAILEY AUTOGRAPH 75
That's a disappointing start for you. How long have you had the motorhome. Assuming it is recent then the dealer is the one to sort it for you. Make sure you stay on top of them as many will wriggle especially if they think you are new to the game.

Hot water and heating problems. Is that on gas or hook up? It makes quite a difference.
We bought it in October, I will do. Daresay they are on lunch now and its friday!
Hook up we have turned the gas on and that seems to be ok although I pressed the gas button on the panel and it said there was no gas but the burners work (there are two bottle does it use one for the heating and one for the fridge and oven? )

Upvote 0

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Not normally. You use one cylinder until empty then switch to the other. Sometimes that means physically move the pig tail (the pipe) that goes from the cylinder to the regulator. Sometimes both will be connected with a change over. Take a picture(s) of everything in your gas cupboard and post it here and folks will advise.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back