Bailey Adamo Water Tank Mystery (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
New owner of a Bailey Adamo, and also started to find the fresh water tank level a mystery. I drained the tank completely then manually added 5l at a time then checked the level readout. After adding 30 litres the readout was 16%, after 60 litres 34%, at 70 litres 44%, it then raced up and when I had added 80 litres I had a reading of 97%. The strange lower readings are probably due the the irregular shape of the tank. The other mystery is at 80 litres the tank was completely full, very strange for a 100 litre tank.

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
New owner of a Bailey Adamo, and also started to find the fresh water tank level a mystery. I drained the tank completely then manually added 5l at a time then checked the level readout. After adding 30 litres the readout was 16%, after 60 litres 34%, at 70 litres 44%, it then raced up and when I had added 80 litres I had a reading of 97%. The strange lower readings are probably due the the irregular shape of the tank. The other mystery is at 80 litres the tank was completely full, very strange for a 100 litre tank.
We're picking up a Bailey Adamo on Monday so we may be able to compare notes!

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
We had a bailey 70 plate. Water cut out and also read what it wanted. Unfortunately when it read less than 20 % it cut out completely, that was even when the tank was full of water. 12 months of trying to get it sorted, by an incompetent main dealer. We got rid. Nice looking van crap build and quality, unfortunately

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
In 6 months time it’ll be either 100% full or 100% empty all the time regardless of what is in there… a well known fault..😎

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 20, 2020
Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC.
Exp
Since 2017
In relation to only holding 80L, are you sure the tank was completely empty when you started filling?
Our tank can be drained down but it still leaves 20L for travelling (in order to reduce weight if required).
To drain it completely you have to turn the valve another half turn.

robvanlife

Free Member
Nov 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
adamo 69-4
we bought a brand new Bailey adamo 69-4 in September. The build quality wasn’t very good. We found a few thing wrong with the van when we collected it from the the dealer. We took the van to France for a weeks holiday. We found that we were losing water from the fresh water tank. We also found quite a few more issues with it. On our return I rang the dealer and was told that they knew what the problem was. We were told that the problem was caused by someone in the manufacture of the van had used screws too long to fix the toilet to the floor and screwed through the water tank. They wanted to patch the holes put I refused. After sales from both the dealer and from Bailey was absolutely the worst. In the end we did a letter of rejection to the dealer who in turn tried to stop it by threatening legal action against us. We stood firm and did manage to get our money back

robvanlife

Free Member
Nov 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
adamo 69-4
We're picking up a Bailey Adamo on Monday so we may be able to compare notes!
Good luck with your new Bailey. Hope you have more luck than we did. We had issues with the water tank and water pump. Plus loads more. We are glad to see the back of it to be honest

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
Likewise we were glad to see the back of our autograph.simolar issues, water tank and pump. Plus having to keep stopping and picking bit of the rd when they kept falling off. Never again

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
Good luck with your new Bailey. Hope you have more luck than we did. We had issues with the water tank and water pump. Plus loads more. We are glad to see the back of it to be honest
We're on our second trip. So far no major concerns. Although we did have an injector failure but I guess that's a Ford issue and not Bailey. I don't like the Whale water filling system and don't know why they use it as opposed to just sticking a hose in!
Mains sockets are too few but I can remedy that (son in law is an electrician). Also heating outlets a bit sparse. The Transit cab is a more pleasant environment than the previous Fiat cabs that we have had. Of the motorhomes that we have had it's our favourite.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back