Backpack to hold thetford cassette. (2 Viewers)

Jan 7, 2023
Bath, UK
Funster No
MH
Fleurette Wincester
Exp
Since Jan 2023
Anyone recommend a backpack that can fit a bog cassette in (min. 46x32x25) ? You can;'t just enter those dimensions into amazon et al, it seems.

I'm guessing you can't just carry them into a motorway service station ...

edit - ok, found some wheelie cases. Is that more or less suspicious than a backpack?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I use a shopping bag with wheels. I don't think I could carry a full cassette on my back.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
How far can you stagger holding 20kg, effectively a bag of cement, in one hand? That's what you would be trying to do stealth dumping your full cassette in a holdall type thing. Most will need a wheeled thing, or have strong backs for a rucksack (hoping there is no leakage).

Upvote 0

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
How far can you stagger holding 20kg, effectively a bag of cement, in one hand? That's what you would be trying to do stealth dumping your full cassette in a holdall type thing. Most will need a wheeled thing, or have strong backs for a rucksack (hoping there is no leakage).

It‘s good exercise 😮‍💨, but the hard bit is achieving it without grimacing 😂

Upvote 0
OP
OP
daventess
Jan 7, 2023
Bath, UK
Funster No
MH
Fleurette Wincester
Exp
Since Jan 2023
I can’t think of anything much worse than emptying in a public toilet, cheeky beyond my morals . I wouldn’t do it in my bathroom , this just seems wrong somehow

I was under the impression that if you are not using chemicals, emptying into a public toilet (eg motorway) was fine? Happy to be corrected...

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I was under the impression that if you are not using chemicals, emptying into a public toilet (eg motorway) was fine? Happy to be corrected...

I suspect if you ask first you will always be told no, but do you think the smell left behind is fair? Also very hard to dispense without some spillage, that’s why elsan points are usually so wide 👍

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Something like this would allow you to have it laid flat but they ain't cheap!

A cheaper alternative would be something like this:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
daventess
Jan 7, 2023
Bath, UK
Funster No
MH
Fleurette Wincester
Exp
Since Jan 2023
I suspect if you ask first you will always be told no, but do you think the smell left behind is fair? Also very hard to dispense without some spillage, that’s why elsan pounds are usually so wide 👍

Poured it down my own without any spillage, so I know I can do that.

Smell - mine smells of that Elsan Green, I think that smells better than a motorway toilet in general.

As for asking - that I do agree with. And I wouldn't do it without permission in a private place. But a motorway service station? Unless it actually causes a problem or is illegal, I suppose my question is - what's the problem?

Genuine question, I'm not trying to be argumentative.

Upvote 0

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Many who "stealth dump" have a principle of leave it cleaner than you found it, so they also pack their cleaning kit. Even so person in next cubicle may be a little surprised by lengthy gushing noise.

Issue with stealth dumps is mainly if the public loo is on a full mains drain system going to a full water treatment plant. If to a smaller local sceptic tank or even a local packaged treatment system your stealth dump could well break it.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Another alternative is a baby buggy as they can take the weight and if you put a footmuff/rain cover etc on it no-one would know how ugly and 'smelly' your baby is! :LOL:

Upvote 1

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Would a motorway service station likely be like that, though?
Some are in very remote areas so may not be on mains drains. Probably have a local treatment system (being fairly modern so no a local septic tank) as a cesspit would be too easily overfilled. No doubt sizer for their normal custom but would not be happy with some of the chemicals used in our cassettes which would interrupt the biological treatment processes.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
If to a smaller local sceptic tank or even a local packaged treatment system your stealth dump could well break it.
Only if you use chemicals, I've not used any for 16 years since we gave up tugging.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Something like this would allow you to have it laid flat but they ain't cheap!

A cheaper alternative would be something like this:

Our one is more discreet.

IMG_20240427_214415933_HDR_copy_1030x1221.jpg

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back