Avtex W249TS-U tuning issues (1 Viewer)

Oct 4, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Motorhoming since 2014
We purchased a Avtex W249TS-U smart TV a few weeks ago but are having some programming issues and I just wondered if anyone who owns a W TS-U Series TV has experienced similar problems.

The issue is tuning the TV - sometimes it will tune in and other times it won't. We have visited several different sites where we haven't had issues with our previous LG tv and we have also tried the tv in the house where it still fails to tune so we are confident our setup in our MH is fine. Even when tuned it ends up loosing all of its channel tuning if switched off so I have to try and retune it again and most of the time it won't find the channels even though we haven't moved. Sometimes the only way to get it to tune is to factory reset the TV which seems to work but is a real pain as you have to download all the apps etc again.

I have had numerous conversations with Avtex (who are very helpful btw) and they are prepared to swap the tv for a new one but I just wanted to know if anyone else who owns such a TV has experienced any issues? Avtex say they have had a few similar queries but it is mainly down to user error and because the TV is so new to the market they are not entirely sure what the issue is themselves!

I would be interested to hear from anyone who may be experiencing similar problems.

Many thanks

OP
OP
Simonnsj
Oct 4, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Motorhoming since 2014
Although no replies to my thread I thought I would post an update.
Avtex arranged to collect the TV at their expense last Monday. They received it the following day and called me Wednesday to say they couldn't find any fault however they had replaced the printed circuit board. The TV was sent back to me on Friday and has worked perfectly ever since and has not lost its tuning as before. It will be interesting to see if it's still ok when we head off next week for a few days but I am confident it will be ok.
I just wanted to praise Avtex for their great customer service. Although I think they were getting a bit frustrated because they couldn't understand the issue, they didn't waste any time in doing their utmost to resolve the problem quickly and fairly so I cannot fault them and would be happy to highly recommend their products (we have the 24" Smart TV and soundbar - excellent combination). Hope this helps anyone who may be 'sitting on the fence' when deciding on buying a new TV for their MH.

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
Although no replies to my thread I thought I would post an update.
Avtex arranged to collect the TV at their expense last Monday. They received it the following day and called me Wednesday to say they couldn't find any fault however they had replaced the printed circuit board. The TV was sent back to me on Friday and has worked perfectly ever since and has not lost its tuning as before. It will be interesting to see if it's still ok when we head off next week for a few days but I am confident it will be ok.
I just wanted to praise Avtex for their great customer service. Although I think they were getting a bit frustrated because they couldn't understand the issue, they didn't waste any time in doing their utmost to resolve the problem quickly and fairly so I cannot fault them and would be happy to highly recommend their products (we have the 24" Smart TV and soundbar - excellent combination). Hope this helps anyone who may be 'sitting on the fence' when deciding on buying a new TV for their MH.
Is your tv still working well? I’m planning to visit the Avtex stand at the NEC and don’t want to make a potentially problematic costly purchase.

OP
OP
Simonnsj
Oct 4, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Motorhoming since 2014
Is your tv still working well? I’m planning to visit the Avtex stand at the NEC and don’t want to make a potentially problematic costly purchase.
It's fine now - we've been all over the place and are currently in Spain and it seems to have held the tuning ok even though Avtex said they couldn't find a fault - clearly there was a fault as the replacement CB seems to have done the trick. I would recommend the TV with the soundbar as the sound is rubbish without it and friends of ours have an Avtex as well said the same which is why they are purchasing the sound bar as well worth the money.

Aug 6, 2020
North Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2014
We have the slightly smaller W215TSU which we bought 2 months ago and have had no problem tuning it - find it a very good TV with very good apps (might be an LG in disguise)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
Thanks Teedubyaa thats helpful. I am liking the V219ds but as this is new I didn’t see it on offer at the show though there were other models the same size with deals on. I did get to have a decent look at it on the Avtex stand but no ability to judge the sound quality. It seems to run all the apps I use, plus I’m a bit old fashioned and still have some dvds which it’s handy to have if I’m in a pants reception area! Although I haven’t watched a dvd for at least a couple of months so maybe I don’t really need that capability after all…

OP
OP
Simonnsj
Oct 4, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Motorhoming since 2014
Thanks Teedubyaa thats helpful. I am liking the V219ds but as this is new I didn’t see it on offer at the show though there were other models the same size with deals on. I did get to have a decent look at it on the Avtex stand but no ability to judge the sound quality. It seems to run all the apps I use, plus I’m a bit old fashioned and still have some dvds which it’s handy to have if I’m in a pants reception area! Although I haven’t watched a dvd for at least a couple of months so maybe I don’t really need that capability

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back