Avtex TV with Roku stick - no sound (1 Viewer)

Mad dog

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2019
South West
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Hi, we have an Avtex L199drs-pro which we've used with a Roku stick successfully for a couple of years. However when I went to use channel 4 on demand the other night, it wouldn't open on the Roku. I had to upgrade the Roku software which was very out of date!

Since then, I've been unable to get any sound on any station through the Roku on our Axtex. If I plug the Roku into my home TV, no problem at all. I've fiddled with all the settings I can find on the stick & on the Avtex, including changing the HDMI port. In fact we have 2 Roku sticks (upgraded) & they're both doing the same.

Any ideas please folks before I get onto Avtex?

Cheers

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Have you tested any other HDMI connected devices (Firestick, Chromecast, DVD player etc) with the Avtex tv as a comparison? Are there any firmware/software updates available for your Avtex model? Do the audio format settings match for both Avtex & Roku?

OP
OP
Mad dog

Mad dog

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2019
South West
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Have you tested any other HDMI connected devices (Firestick, Chromecast, DVD player etc) with the Avtex tv as a comparison? Are there any firmware/software updates available for your Avtex model? Do the audio format settings match for both Avtex & Roku?
No, I don't have anything else to test in the HDMI unfortunately. I'm trying to find out if I can upgrade the TV software.

I've tried various audio settings changes on both the stick & the TV. It seems to be a widespread Roku problem when you Google it, but often a reset sorts it out, but not in our case. I'll see if Avtex are in this morning. Cheers

OP
OP
Mad dog

Mad dog

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2019
South West
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Update - rang the excellent Avtex telephone support line & spoke to Robert. There was a fix issued a while ago that sorted an issue with the sound using both the HDMI ports at the same time. He wasn't confident that the update would sort my problem, but it did!

I had to put it on a USB stick & upload it.

Thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back