LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I used to buy and sell motorhomes in the Bournemouth/Poole area and know pretty much all the local dealers. They are not one I recognise as local buyers and don't have a storage warehouse locally.

This is 100% a scam and is pretty standard. They ask for a deposit and the van will be delivered for inspection. The usual way is that they say they are overseas/oil rig/military/in storage. Only converse via email so you don't twig they are not in the UK by seeing their country code on a phone call. They only need to catch one or two to make money off desperate people then disappear

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Just came across this Lloyds Bank article saying that, after fake flight tickets, caravans / motorhomes are the second most scammed adverts!:Eeek:

Attachments

• Lloyds Bank warns of scam.pdf
    218.8 KB · Views: 18
Upvote 0
Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Schitts Creek Do Not Want GIF by CBC

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2022
Watford, Hertfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 599 S
If they had the right van at the right price I wouldn't let those accounts put me off.
They have been around a lot longer than some dealers.
Vans of the age they are selling need a good inspection anyway. Come back with any van specific questions if you have them (y)
A hijacked account?, Jim said "They have been around a lot longer than some dealers" so presume there is trade
history some where.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back