Any recommendations on insurance and/or breakdown provider for Adria Twin? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2022
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SLB
Does anyone have any recommendations on a good insurance and/or breakdown provider for Adria Twin? Looking to travel in Europe later in the year so good coverage for breakdown in EU required.

Just had a quote from A-Plan insurance, who are a broker, and they are recommending West Bay @ £596 for the year.

Thanks in advance!

sonar

Free Member
Dec 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
Does that include full uk and Europe recovery.
or just towed to the nearest garage.

OP
OP
APS_Adria
Mar 21, 2022
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SLB
Does that include full uk and Europe recovery.
or just towed to the nearest garage.
Good question! I think recovery to nearest garage would be good enough. Fiat Ducato base, so quite a common set of spares - I would hope. What other options are there?

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Good question! I think recovery to nearest garage would be good enough. Fiat Ducato base, so quite a common set of spares - I would hope. What other options are there?
You need full breakdown recovery and repartition cover really…..or is that just me. 🤷‍♂️

First two years on a new van you’ve got full Fiat cover, after that you need comprehensive cover. (y)

Guyadria

Free Member
Aug 20, 2021
Staplehurst, Tonbridge, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Returning to MHoming after 11 years
What year is your Adria? Fiat Camper assist covers upto 3 years so long as Fiat serviced.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
APS_Adria
Mar 21, 2022
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SLB
How about van insurance - any recommendations on a good company?

Apr 20, 2020
Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC.
Exp
Since 2017
It's brand new, so that is good news.
If you have just registered your van you can extend the Fiat warranty to 5 years.
This includes European breakdown cover.
It is not cheap at approx £870 and you have to be quick as it must be taken out within the first 2 weeks of ownership.
As posted above, you will already be covered for the first 2 years.

Edit - Try Comfort insurance (they can also include breakdown cover for an additional £65 per year for future reference)

Last edited:

Guyadria

Free Member
Aug 20, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Unfortunately it is only 2 years on an Adria.
I beg to differ. I have an Adria Twin and aside from the Fiat handbook quoting 3 years, I also spoke with Camper Assist who advised that it is 3 years so long as Service is done by Fiat.

Apr 20, 2020
Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC.
Exp
Since 2017
I beg to differ. I have an Adria Twin and aside from the Fiat handbook quoting 3 years, I also spoke with Camper Assist who advised that it is 3 years so long as Service is done by Fiat.
Thank you. It does indeed appear to be three years for Camper Assist, but only two years for the warranty?

OP
OP
APS_Adria
Mar 21, 2022
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SLB
I didn't get any info from the dealer about a Fiat warranty or Camper Assist. Do Fiat write to you or do you have to do something yourself? I was given no details about having to register the vehicle. I did receive a welcome letter from Adria, informing me I had to keep up the servicing via an approved dealer. But that was it.

Guyadria

Free Member
Aug 20, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Fiat will not write to you. You should have various handbooks in the van including one for Camper assist. You have not said when the vehicle was registered. Even though you may not be due a service yet, important to ensure van is registered in Fiat system for recalls and software updates etc, Also there was an Adria recall in the last 6 months for a faulty fuse holder. Your dealer should be helping you. There is a Facebook group for Adria Twin owners called Adria Twin Camper Van Owners where you will find lots of info from other Twinners including recalls etc. Finally if worried call Fiat Camper Assist to ensure you are in the system. Hope this helps,

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
I didn't get any info from the dealer about a Fiat warranty or Camper Assist. Do Fiat write to you or do you have to do something yourself? I was given no details about having to register the vehicle. I did receive a welcome letter from Adria, informing me I had to keep up the servicing via an approved dealer. But that was it.
As said, register with Fiat asap……our Dealer failed to do so, which they said they would / had, but when my DPF sensor failed the Fiat Professional Garage had no record of the vehicle. I had to supply a copy of the V5C so they could do it.

I registered with Camper Assist by going online and registering…..5 minute job. (y)

Sep 19, 2018
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
I’m with comfort as well. They cover the A class windscreen at a good level (plenty of room for a replacement) as does the breakdown which can be a problem in Europe regarding the UK windscreen replacement firm a lot of insurers use. I was told as they don’t operate in Europe they sub it out to other firm and it may not be stored inside whilst waiting for a replacement.

Sep 4, 2021
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Returner after 20 years without a Motorhome
Comfort here too at a reasonable price - much cheaper than some other well known insurance companies

Apr 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner 747-2
Exp
since 2010
If you are a member of the CCC you can get RAC arrival, it costs around £325 per year and seems pretty comprehensive. I have for UK only which is £96 cheaper

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
Fiat will not write to you. You should have various handbooks in the van including one for Camper assist. You have not said when the vehicle was registered. Even though you may not be due a service yet, important to ensure van is registered in Fiat system for recalls and software updates etc, Also there was an Adria recall in the last 6 months for a faulty fuse holder. Your dealer should be helping you. There is a Facebook group for Adria Twin owners called Adria Twin Camper Van Owners where you will find lots of info from other Twinners including recalls etc. Finally if worried call Fiat Camper Assist to ensure you are in the system. Hope this helps,
Look on the passenger side sun visor, the contact details are there. Very helpful FIAT staff in english language. Certainly give them a call to make sure your vehicle is on their database.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
Does anyone have any recommendations on a good insurance and/or breakdown provider for Adria Twin? Looking to travel in Europe later in the year so good coverage for breakdown in EU required.

Just had a quote from A-Plan insurance, who are a broker, and they are recommending West Bay @ £596 for the year.

Thanks in advance!
We are with NFU Mutual who offer a good price and are flexible about which alarm/tracker system you have. Definitely worth checking. We were with Comfort but they will not insure a mh with Van Bitz alarm/tracker despite it being the best on the market. https://www.nfumutual.co.uk/insurance/motor-insurance/car-insurance/motorhome-insurance/

Apr 7, 2022
Funster No
MH
Awaiting Deliver
Don't chance it. I've heard of folk from UK breakingdown in France driving Renault. They had to wait whilst the parts for RHD car came from UK.

Alesupper

Free Member
Dec 15, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600 SP

Thanks in advance!
I have a Adria Twin and I use Adrian Flux for Insurance and Greenflag for recovery. I have never had to use either yet (thankfully) so I can't comment on how good their service is.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back