Another Water Pump question (1 Viewer)

Dec 17, 2013
Littlehampton, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo A698g
Exp
Since 2010
Spending a bit more time on CLs recently and needing to use my shower more, it's just tricking out and can't even get the shower head above head height. Even my toilet flush seems to be very slow.
Hand in the water tank, there's currently a Reich 15l 1.0 bar pump fitted.

Do I replace with the same? Will a new one just work better?
I see some with a higher pump capacity e.g. 18l have a lower 0.5 bar. Can I up the flow and have the lower pressure to not worry about the pipework?
Would be nice to have a bit more pressure on the shower.

Anybody fitted a higher rate pump?

Thanks

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 PL
Exp
Since 2017
I upgraded my pump and now have excellent pressure. It’s sounds to me like your pump is not working and definitely on it’s way out.

I changed my pump last year and bought a spare as well.

Reactions: f6c
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
Reich do a twin pump with 19l/m and 1.4bar. That might work better but perhaps you need to check the pipes in case there is a kink that is restricting the flow.

Reactions: f6c
Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Reich do a twin pump with 19l/m and 1.4bar. That might work better but perhaps you need to check the pipes in case there is a kink that is restricting the flow.
My caravan came with a Reich twin pump. After a while it failed and I could only get a single, at the time on holiday, to replace and it was no differant to the twin model..
Agree with Lenny HB.. ditch Reich and fit a Shurflo..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
N
Dec 17, 2013
Littlehampton, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo A698g
Exp
Since 2010
I ordered a Reich twin last night before seeing your post. I'll fit it and see how it goes. If/when it fails, I'll look at Shurflo but aren't they in-line rather than in-tank?
The current one has lasted 13 years but has had the most use in the past 6 month since I went full-time.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I ordered a Reich twin last night before seeing your post. I'll fit it and see how it goes. If/when it fails, I'll look at Shurflo but aren't they in-line rather than in-tank?
The current one has lasted 13 years but has had the most use in the past 6 month since I went full-time.
Yes inline.

One tip don't use the red pipe I use for a pickup algie grows on it, I changed it for a length of Speed fit pipe.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Could be a faulty micro switch or switch wire

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Just make sure your new one has the one- way valve installed (a bulge on top of the pump). Most have them but they're available without. If not use your existing one or fit one in the pipe just above the pump.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
It does sound like the pump is goosed.. if you replace yourself or even have someone else do it ..

heads up !

the pump is polarity conscious and the wiring colours of the pump and van can be confusing.. especially in German vans

if it's connected wrong polarity the pump will work, but much reduced flow.. particularly noticeable with the toilet flush only going halfway around the bowl.. !

so, check polarity with a multimeter and make a note of the polarity before disconnecting the old pump .

The Reich pump cable has normal UK wiring colour

Brown = Positive ..
Blue = Negative ..

On my Hymer van the wiring was..

Brown = Negative
Blue = Positive

so it's understandable that even the experienced get it mixed up !

This is just for info.. your Burstner may be different..

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 11.14.34.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back